Ending One - (7.6K Words)

"I already know what I want."

You scanned the sad faces of the expectant crowd standing just in front of you. Your aunt's hand was covering her mouth, and she was trembling, silently waiting for you to continue. Namjoon was only a couple of feet away from her, his body heaving with every breath that he took. With every breath he drew, he was getting closer to just crumbling to the ground.

Both of them looked up at you with expectant eyes and waited for you to say something. You quietly sighed and pushed a few stray locks of hair out of your eyes. You opened your mouth to speak and watched their expressions change.

"I want as far away from this hellhole as possible," you said, your voice cold and mechanical. "I want nothing to do with either of you for as long as I live."

The shock on their faces should have made you feel something, but it didn't. It was like there was fire flowing through your veins in place of your blood, numbing your sense of emotion.

"Y-you don't--you can't mean that," your aunt stuttered, frantically pushing Mark and Yugyeom out of the way and stumbling forward. "You just got here, a-and I haven't been able to see you for a decade. You're the only family that I have left!"

Oh, of course, I am.

"I wonder why that is," you mused, tilting your head to the side and glaring at her. "Three million is a lot of money, but you can never truly cover up all of your mistakes, can you?"

Your aunt immediately turned away from you and walked to the opposite edge of the roof. Mark and Yugyeom quickly followed after your aunt, but not before they each shot you a disgusted glare. As she walked away, she brought her hand up to her mouth to muffle her sobs, but it was no use--you could still hear her.

Why don't I feel bad?

You carelessly jumped down from the wall onto the rooftop, slightly wobbling as you landed on your feet. Namjoon immediately stepped forward to help steady you, but you backed away from him and gave him a cold glare.

"What makes you think I need your help?" You spat, looking him up and down.

"Princess, I-I want--" He stopped talking and looked up at you, his eyes glassy as if he were on the verge of tears.

"You don't have to do this; You don't have to go."

Don't you try doing this to me. You already know what you've done.

"I've already told you this, but I guess I have to repeat myself," you sighed, ignoring him almost entirely. "Don't call me Princess."

You pushed past him and walked towards the door to the building, completely aware of the chaos that was ensuing behind you. The sobs of your aunt were getting louder and louder, each one echoing through your head, although you still felt nothing. You opened the door and looked over your shoulder at the final scene.

"Don't try to follow me," you threatened. "I still have one bullet left."

The door slammed shut behind you, and it was as if the world went silent. You stepped forward and listened to the click of your shoes echo off of the wall and find their way back to you. Even though the only thing separating you from everyone else was a door, you had never felt more alone in your entire life.

What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

You adjusted your glasses and looked at the dried blood on your hands. Then, you looked at the walls surrounding you and realized that you had nowhere to go. You didn't have anybody you could go to, either. You had just rejected the only people that you knew in the entire country. There was no way you could survive on your own.