Chapter 34 - (2.3K Words)

The door slammed shut as Namjoon angrily stormed out of the room. You heard him loudly stomp down the hallway until he was far enough away that you couldn't hear him anymore. You could feel the cold tears running down your cheek as you dropped to your knees in disbelief.

There's no way.

You wiped the tears away from your eyes and tried to calm yourself down. You shook your head at yourself as you stared longingly at the doorway. The image of Namjoon storming out of the room played over and over in your mind until it hurt for you to think.

You repeatedly forced yourself to blink, desperately trying to erase the image from your mind. It was as if it was burned into the back of your eyelids, and no matter what you did or tried to do, it would always be there.

Your hand slowly trailed down from your eyes to your lips. You felt how soft and cold your lips were with your fingers, which were wet from your tears. You gently closed your eyes and let your fingers rest on top of your lips. You took in a long, shaky breath, clearing your mind.

Everyone and everything in this house is a mess. Even me.

Not a second later, you fell back against the desk, and let your legs messily sprawl out in front of you. Your hand gently stroked your lips, as if you couldn't believe what happened.

You opened your eyes again and stared at the closed door. Your thoughts went back to last night, and how tired you were when they came into your room. You could still feel Namjoon's lips gently pressed against yours. You sighed, and held your palms against your temple.

There was no way it actually happened.

You felt a new feeling wash over you like it was a tidal wave. It was as if you had found a way to make yourself more sad and nostalgic than you had already been. You felt your heart sink in your chest, and you collapsed in on yourself.

But, I let it happen.

You shook your head and set your jaw, a new and different feeling taking over. You could tell that this one wasn't a good feeling, because the rest of your body started to stiffen. You had no time to prepare yourself for what came next.

You could feel a sharp pang resonate through your head, and you pressed your palms harder against your temple, as if trying to ease your pain. As the pressure in your head began to grow, you arched your back and squeezed your eyes shut. You knew all too well what this feeling was, but you couldn't deal with it here.

I have to get out of here before this headache gets even worse.

One of your hands left your temples, and you groped around blindly for something to help yourself off the floor. Your hand hit the top of the desk--it was almost as if you had forgotten it was in the room--and you graciously pulled yourself up to your feet. Another wave of pain struck you, and you stumbled to catch yourself before falling with your palms outstretched on top of the desk.

You ran your hand through your hair, desperately pushing it out of your eyes. You stared at the top of the desk with tears dripping from your eyes, your body shaking terribly because of the terrible ache that you felt pounding through your head.

It's been months, why now?!

Without waiting for your head to stop spinning, you stumbled towards the doorway. Before you realized where you were in the room, you slammed into the side of the door. You held tightly onto your head as the impact harshly resonated through your body.

Somehow, you managed to open the door and you found yourself in the hallway. The entire world seemed to be spinning, and you could hardly walk forward. You fell over, and your body slammed against the wall, sending another wave of pain shooting rapidly through your body.