Chapter 18

Tristan walked upstairs to Sapphires room. He had to explain to her, tell her... Damn! He didn't know what he was supposed to say! Tristan warily stood in front of the door. He could still remember her state of undress when he had checked on her right before dawn. Isabella had been asleep on the chair. Tristan had entered with innocent intentions, and left with anything but. He could still remember the creamy texture of Sapphire's thighs from where her night shirt had ridden up, almost disclosing her most intimate secrets to him. If that wasn't enough, he could see the top three buttons undone, giving him a generous view of her breasts. He had to leave before he did something rash....

Tristan knocked gently, awaiting to be bid inside. He slowly opened the door to see Sapphire sitting with a tray of food, Isabella on her right.

"I hope you slept well."

"I slept fine, thank you." Sapphire said quietly.

"Miss Isabella, may I have a word with lady Dracmore." Tristan asked politely, not leaving any room for argument. Isabella, of course, was happy to oblige. Once the door was soundly shut, Tristan turned towards Sapphire. He gracefully went and occupied the chair Isabella had warmed the previous night.

Sapphire stared at her food, she wasn't hungry. She could hear Isabella scolding her to eat, not exactly catching the words. The opening of the door had Sapphire looking up.
Lord Tristan Knight.
He entered the room ever so gracefully, commanding everyone's attention. She didn't know how she was supposed to be alone with him, the sense of him, his mere presence had her mind and body in turmoil, but they had to speak.

"How's your side?"

Ignoring his question, Sapphire met his steely gaze, he seemed cold, distant.

"I didn't go upstairs to meet Stark. Sasha led me there believing someone was injured."

Tristan stayed silent. His intense gaze slid over her, making her body squirm.

"I know you didn't."

That's all he was going to say? No explanation? Nothing? Taking a calming breath, Sapphire asked the one question that was burning a hole in her mind.

"Why?"

Tristan stared at her. She didn't jump around the bush did she. Suddenly he was angry, no frustrated.

"Why?" His tone was curt, cold. He smiled cynically in dark amusement.

"There could be a number of reasons. Perhaps I want your wealth, and I merely seized the opportunity as it presented itself. Getting what I want and appearing the hero. It is rather common knowledge your wealth has grown quite impressively throughout the years. You're every mans fantasy, and I wanted to be the ultimate conquerer."

Tristan didn't know why he was so adamant that she hate him, or perhaps he wanted her to see him for the heartless bastard he was. He'd killed hundreds without the least amount of sympathy. Gone to a hundred battles, all for what? Perhaps wealth or fame.
The entire time Tristan spoke, she held his gaze.

"You're lying." Sapphire said with conviction. She didn't know why he was, but she was absolutely certain he didn't mean what he had said. But she couldn't fathom why he would lie. She didn't exactly understand his reasons, but she knew those weren't it.

"And what makes you so sure?" Tristan sneered.

Squaring her shoulders, which caused a sharp jolt of pain from her hip, Sapphire spoke.

"I am able to differentiate a man of character from those that aren't."

"A man of character you say?" Tristan mocked.

"I'll give you the exact reason why I said and did what I did, then maybe you'll have a better insight.

"When Sasha claimed something was going on between you and Stark, my blood boiled. I was furious. I was over come with jealousy, an emotion which I'm not quite familiar with. I wanted to kill everyone who may have come in my path. You want to know why?" He didn't give her a chance to answer.

"Ever since the day I saw you by the lake with your hair down, I've wanted to take you, ravish you in every position, every form possible. I wanted to see your dark locks spread out as you lay panting beneath me. Do you have any idea what it's like to constantly have you in my thoughts!" Tristan snapped.

By now Tristan was on the bed with Sapphire, not even a thread of hair could come in between them, he had her smaller form crushed to his larger one, being completely mindful of her injury. Tristan skimmed her jaw teasingly, not letting his lips touch. Agonizingly, slowly, he made his way to her left ear, one hand rested on the small of her back, while the other held her nape.

He bit down where her shoulder and neck met, taking the sting away with his tongue.
Sapphire gasped.

"I've wanted to kiss you senseless, I want my very essence to fill you. You've driven me mad, haunted my dreams every damn night."

He blew on her neck; nipped her ear.

"I've never wanted anyone as badly as I want you, to mark you as mine. I only need to think of you and I'm achingly hard." He growled.

Tristan gave an open mouth kiss on her throat.

"You have a body that deserves to be worshipped. I want to kiss your lips, your neck, your breasts, every damn inch of skin possible. I want to burry myself deep inside your sheath; hear you scream my name...."

His voice was barely above a husky whisper. His words, his voice, his nearness, his mere presence had Sapphires body on high alert. She felt the muscles of her abdomen clench, a foreign feeling making itself known.

"Well, at least the attraction is mutual, my lord." Sapphire managed to whisper through the haze of lust which crowded her senses. She could barely breath with his proximity. And his words! She didn't know if she should be angered or pleased, her lips it seemed, had answered her dilemma.

Tristan snapped. What ever thread held his barely there composure snapped. Tristan captured her lips in a brutal, bruising kiss. Giving her hip a squeeze, he angled her jaw to deepen the kiss. Her shy, virginal response had him harder than humanly possible. Tristan bit her bottom lip, smiling at her gasp, before invading her mouth. He didn't give her a chance to consider, to think, he wanted her lost for him. Her small whimper had him grunting in approval. Leaving her kiss swollen lips, Tristan made a path down her neck, very aware that she was still in her night clothes. His head was just above her breasts, not a breath of space, Tristan inhaled deeply before looking up with hooded eyes. His hand teased her waist. The evidence of his arousal could not be hidden. If he didn't stop now, he wouldn't be able to.

"You shouldn't say things like that." He husked. He watched her flushed face as she tried to get her breathing back to normal.

"So, jealousy had you proposing?" Sapphire asked shakily.

"I suppose fate decided to kick me in the arse." Tristan murmured while staring at Sapphire.

His intense gaze had her turn scarlet, or that might have to do with his calloused thumb making infuriating circles on her bare thigh, maybe both.

"I can not give you love or a happily ever after, Sapphire."

"We'll see about that, Tristan." Her eyes burned with the residue of her passion as well as her iron resolve. Tristan gave her lips a chaste kiss.

"I'm giving you a fair warning."

"Well, thank you for your kindness. But I must warn you not to be so quick as to judge me."

Tristan chuckled, "fair enough. But I'm serious." Tristan warned once again as he rubbed his thumb across her cheek. Poor boy didn't understand his own feelings.

"When's the wedding?"

"A week after Xavier and Isabella's." Tristan answered.

Giving her one last peck on the lips, Tristan left the room.

Sapphire let out the breath she was holding, his touch, his kiss, it was exquisite. Her heated body still trembled with his onslaught.When he had stroked her cheek, his eyes conveyed tenderness. He was to be her husband, she would not only have his name, but his heart as well.

Tristan went to the swords collection and selected one. A long, hell of a weapon. The sword was double hilted, making it a dangerous weapon. A ghost of a smile lingered on his lips. He remembered in vivid detail how Sapphire had responded to him, leaving him aching for more.

"Care for a match?" Lord Rivers questioned as he slowly made his way towards Tristan.

Tristan smiled, a smile which a predator gives its prey. With deliberate slowness, Tristan circled the man who taught him the art of swordsmanship.

"With pleasure."

Sorry it's short, but it'll be longer next time ;). Thank you for all the amazing comments !

Vote

Comment