chapter 46

Chapter 46

Sapphire winced as the needle yet again pricked her.

“Damn you to the Netherlands.”  Sapphire grumbled. Try as she may, her mind would not let her forget about her bothersome husband. The infuriating brute! Sapphire recalled the nasty trick he had played on her hours before…..

“Tristan, must you be so rude to Alexander?”

Tristan stared at her incredulously. Rude? Him? What was wrong with women?! He did absolutely nothing! Damn Alexander to the pits oh hell! Nevertheless, he would get his revenge, just a different sort of revenge. His little wife was acting quite the minx.

Tristan walked until he was almost a hairsbreadth away from her, making certain they were not touching. He leaned towards her ear, his breath fanning the side of her face, and softly spoke.

“You, my lady wife, are being far too cruel. I have done nothing to that mongrel.”

Sapphire shivered from his close proximity, the man was a hazard to her health! Just as she thought he would bend and kiss her, he straightened, moving away from her completely. Of its own accord, her throat let out a frustrated groan.

“Something amiss, my dear?”

Tristan raised a cynical brow in question.

“Nothing!” Sapphire snapped.

Tristan shrugged his shoulders, completely aware of what he was doing. He raised his hand as if to caress her cheek, Sapphire unconsciously leaned towards him, her eyes slightly hooded. But just as his fingers were to brush against her, he dropped his hand.

“Very well then. I shall see you at the evening meal.”

“Why the evening meal, tis only noon?” Sapphire questioned perplexed.