~The Bonfire~

It was almost night now. You and Minho were walking back near homestead, Where the bonfire was being held.
  It was bright and lively when you finally arrived. Gladers all around you were cheering with drinks in their hands.
   To the left, was Gally Surrounded by a circle of boys you didn't know the names of. From the looks of it, inside the circle, Gally was wresting with someone who was obviously having a bad time losing the fight. You watched in pity as the boy was flung to the floor. Cheers arose from the area and Gally grinned smugly.
In the middle of the drinkers and the wrestlers, was a large fire that would put any kitchen stove to shame.
In front of it was the familiar face of Newt. He smiled and waved you over. You walked to him, shyly smiling.
Him and Minho were the only people in the glade that you knew, And you were way more comfortable talking to Newt than Minho. So basically, The only person you were able speak
to normally, was the blonde boy standing in front of you.
    Newt took your hand and sat you on the grass away from everyone.
Just then, you heard the sounds of gears turning and you watched in disbelief as the openings of the giant stone walls you saw earlier slowly closed.
Your jaw was practically on the ground from shock.
"W-Wha??? How?!" You stuttered, looking at him.
He chuckled and plopped down next to you putting the drink he was carrying next to him.
"They do that every day, just before night. Pretty bloody nifty huh?" He said.
His laughter fell short when he realized that you weren't saying anything.
"Hey, Is something bothering you, Love?" Newt asked, Casting you a worried glance.
"You never told me." You said simply.
"Huh?", He whispered.
You looked him with a straight face and eyes full of determination. "You never told me what's out there."
He sat back and breathed out heavily.
"Okaaaaay......" He Whispered, preparing himself. "Do you really wanna know?" The blonde asked nervously.
"Yes, I do." You stated automatically.
"Alright... Listen, Okay? Out there, Surrounding us, Is a huge Maze.", He said calmly.
You raised an eyebrow. "You're kidding, Right?"
"No, I'm serious (Y/N).", Newt claimed.
  You studyed his face, looking for any sign of a lie. But it was straight. There was nothing untruthful to be seen.
  "Soooooo, It's dangerous because It's a maze?" You ask.
He averted his eyes and looked around.
  "Well, Yes, But, Uhhhh...Also no.."
  "Why's It so dangerous then?"
You asked, Curiously.
He was silent for a moment, then looked up to the ivy covered walls with a serious expression. "There's monters out there, We call 'em Grievers."
"What do they look like?"
  Newt tilted his head to the side.
    "Well, no one's ever lived to tell of their appearance. But, They're horrible monsters and they're definitely out there. There's not one person that's ever survived a night in the maze."
"What happens to them?"
    Newt turned to meet your gaze. His brown eyes were calm but saddened, His blonde hair shone in the light of the bonfire, And as he spoke, You felt your heart drop to the ground.
"They're eaten...They die, (Y/N)."