~The Gathering~

"Alright everyone," Newt held a notepad and pen in his fingers. "As you all know, Yesterday, Tommy here went into the Maze." He glanced around quickly at the Gladers gathered in Homestead. "This, Obviously, Is against our number one rule. Now, It's up to us to decided his punishment if he needs one. We'll put all the suggestions to a vote. I will be standing in for Alby, 'Cause he's gotten himself stung. So lets get on with it."
Thomas sat in a chair in the middle of the room. All eyes were on him.
"Fry,You wanna go first?" Newt asked and tapped his pencil on the cardboard back of the notepad.
Frypan nodded and stood up. "Even in the time I've known Thomas, I believe that he's a very kindhearted person. He may have broken a rule, But he was courageous. He went in there to save Alby and Minho, Who knows what might of happened if he didn't."
"So what are you suggesting?" The british boy gazed at Frypan curiously, A whistle to his voice.
"I don't think Thomas needs a huge punishment. Two nights in the pit maybe?"
Newt nodded and hummed, Writing down what the cook had said. "Alright, Any other Ideas?"
Gally rolled his eyes from across Homestead. "You're kidding, Right, Fry?"
"What?" Frypan raised an eyebrow.
"Two nights in the pit?! This shank needs a punishment worse than that and you know it!" Gally stood and bellowed, Pointing a finger at him.
"He saved our leader's life, Gally!" Fry insisted, a pleading look on his face.
"It doesn't matter! This is a clear violation of our rules! If you guys were smart, You'd know he has to be put in the pit for at least a month!"
This made the room erupt in chaos. All the boys were yelling and pointing fingers at each other.
"Guys, Settle down! You're all acting like animals!" Newt grumbled with a sigh. "What do you think, Love?"
(Y/N) glanced a worried look at her brother who just stared at the floor blankly. "I-"
"Love?! Are you serious Newt?! You're only yellin' at me because of your stupid little boy crush on (Y/N)!" Gally screamed. Newt's face was shocked beyond belief. "She shouldn't even be allowed to have a say in what happens to him! This is all their fault! Her's and Thomas's, I saw them!"
"Gally, Shut your shucking face!" Minho yelled from a few seats away.
Gally groaned and rolled his eyes once again. "You're no different Minho. You've never been through the Changing! You're retarded compared to me! You, (Y/N), And Thomas are all idiots!"
Minho marched over to the Builder, Anger flaring through his eyes. (Y/N) knew this definitely wouldn't go well.
The Runner grinned, Tapped his toe, Then raised his arm and punched Gally square in the face.
Gally screamed and flew backwards, Crashing into the wall. "Don't you ever talk to me like that again, Ya hear?! And leave (Y/N) out of this!" Minho spat with a face like he wad going to murder someone as Newt and Winston struggled to pull the Runner back away.
Minho found a seat next to (Y/N) and Newt then sat down, crossing his legs.
"You really shouldn't have done that, you know." She whispered.
Minho sighed and shook his foot. "Sorry, He called us idiots, I couldn't sit back and do nothing."
   "Can I give my opinion?" Zart called out.
Newt seemed surprized by this and blinked a few times. "Sure, Go ahead."
   The Keeper of the Track-hoes stood up and scratched at his black hair. "So, I don't know Thomas very well, But I'm very good friends with his sister over here," He gestured towards (Y/N).
"And She's definitely a person with a kind heart." Zart gave (Y/N) a smile from across the room. "When Thomas went into the Maze, I knew that he was like that too. He might've broken a rule, But he went in there to save Alby and Minho. He couldn't leave them alone. I don't think someone like that should be punished."
Newt nodded, seeming happy with this, and scribbled something in his notepad.
  As the Gathering went on, Only a few other Gladers agreed with Gally's idea, Most either went with Frypan's or Zart's. This, Of course made the Builder extremely angry.
   "Minho, Your turn." Newt looked towards Gally sassily as if trying to make it clear he was not happy with him.
   "Though I hate to admit it, This shank is very, very brave." Minho gave a look of thanks to Thomas. "I, Along with Alby, would've been dead if not for him. Thomas saved me." Minho glanced around at the Gladers. Gally, (Sitting with a bloody nose) gave him a sour look of hatred. "And my proposal may seem crazy but," Newt leaned foward in his chair, readying his pencil. "I say we make Thomas the Keeper of the Runners."
  All boys began yelling again. Some chanting Thomas's name and others just yelling how stupid Minho's idea was. Newt grinned at (Y/N) who smiled back but the blonde saw there was something missing from it. Her smile was almost empty. It worried him.
  "You guys don't know what your talking about! I'm out of here!" Gally growled and stormed out of Homestead.
Soon, Newt was tallying the votes. "Alright, So how 'bout this? Thomas will spend one night with no food in the Slammer. We'll also make him a Runner, He's certainly proven himself enough. Forget making him the bloody Keeper though, Minho."
"Sounds fair to me." Minho shrugged.
In the end all the Gladers agreed that this would be Thomas's deal. However, Through the whole day, Newt couldn't forget (Y/N)'s upset eyes.