~Alby~

Finally an update!!!:). My Instagram is minho_da_sass by the way, check it out if you want. There's gonna be a bunch of newt imagines on there! Also, DO YOU LIKE THE NEW COVER??? Anyway, on with the story.
*There's like one curse word in this chap btw, so yeah..*

"Guys," Minho shushed the Gladers. "be quiet, there's a big group of them up there." He peered around the corner.
He was probably referring to a group of Grievers, but (Y/N) couldn't tell due to her being at the back of their attack group with Chuck and Riley. To her shock, Grievers came out from behind them, screeching and clanging their feet to the ground.
  "We shouldn't have come here." Alby spoke out of no where. "Our plan is flawed."
Newt blinked and gazed at Alby in surprise.
Thomas shook his head. "I know it is, but the Grievers only take one of us per night. It's better for one person to die than for all of us to."
Alby stared at him for a second then closed his eyes. Swiftly, he turned around and sprinted towards one section of the pack of Grievers.
"Alby!" (Y/N) cried in terror, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes.
The Grievers attacked the boy viciously, with no mercy whatsoever and then turned off, making a machine-like sound.
Newt stood with his mouth hanging open. His chocolate eyes looked damp and lost. His body hunched over like he'd just lost every bit of energy he had within him.
"We have to move on," Minho whispered after a moment of petrified silence. "(Y/N), Thomas, Ter-"
"How could you be so cruel?" Newt interrupted quietly, his hands shaking. "Our leader just died!"
"It had to be someone Newt!" Minho snapped, which shut the blonde up. "Now, We all-"
A clicking sound started coming from the Grievers. A red light flashes on their bodies and they growl, standing up.
"Shit..." Minho whispered, readying his spear.
The brave sacrifice Alby had made meant nothing.