~Red Where White Should Be~

Finally Newt's POV again

I'm terrified right now. I'm sure if my family could see me in this situation, they'd not be proud.
A Griever swings its leg at me and I take a sharp intake of breath. It screeches and lunges at me again. This time, feeling confident, I take my spear and slam it into the creatures body, penetrating it deeply. It crys out again before falling to the floor in a mess of green blood. I breath heavily and pull my spear out of it.
Out of the corner of my eye, I see (Y/N)'s group making their way to the Griever hole. (Y/N) looks scared too. Her eyebrows are furrowed and she stares ahead of her like she's trying her hardest to be brave while she runs.
I wish I could be over there, protecting her. I wish I could stand with her and tell her it's okay to be afraid. "(Y/N)!" I call out.
She blinks and looks at me, not stopping her legs from moving.
"Be careful!" I don't know what I'd do without her. She is my reason to keep living.
She nods, seeming determined and watches Thomas hold Riley and jump into the Griever hole, completely dissipearing in thin air.

I'm distracting myself. I turn back to the fight with the Grievers to see that a lot of people are sprawled out on the floor. Dead.
My body goes numb and I hope I'm not as drained of color as I feel. I wish (Y/N) here with me. She'd be able to calm me down. When will this all be over?

A few minutes later, another Griever attacks me. This one stronger than the ones before. It pushes me to the ground and towers over me. My spear is knocked away and I can't defend myself. The Grievers leg grazes my cheek and I know there's a cut there. The monster sreeches and leans into my face. "N-No!" I yell.
It's about to kill me when suddenly the room falls silent. No Grievers screaming. No clanging of metal. No anything. The Griever on top of me makes a clicking sound before collapsing right on my body.
It wasn't just that one though. Every Griever in the room is one the floor, completely broken down.  Which could only mean that (Y/N) and the others had put in the code. They did it.
I can hear the Gladers heavy breaths as I stuggle to free myself from the gruesome monster.
"A lot of us died today," Minho comments, panting when I finally escape. "He lost half of the Glade."
I look down at my sweatshirt. The usual white is now splattered with dots of red blood, and brown dirt smeered across it. "Yeah..." I say quietly. I hope (Y/N) is alright.