~Locked in~

After a few days, (Y/N), Zart, And Newt became great friends and always laughed and had a great time in the gardens together.
Thomas seemed to be settiling in too. He chatted with Chuck a lot and the two seemed to get along quite well which made (Y/N) happy.
Another girl had arrived in the Glade, But in a Coma. She had a letter in her hand saying she was 'the last one ever', Which (Y/N) thought was just a bit strange. Yet, she was still desperate to meet her.
She also noticed that Gally had recovered from what Newt had called 'The Changing', And was going about his job as he normally would. However, He hasn't spoken to the (H/C) haired girl or Newt and seemed to dislike Thomas strongly.
Yesterday, Minho had come across a dead Griever. Him and Alby went out this morning to investigate.
  (Y/N) was chatting with her brother and Chuck casually when they spotted the Newt limping his way back and forth with his hands in his hair at the walls.
   "What's wrong ?", Thomas asked, Worried.
The blonde stopped and looked at the brunette, panic written all over his face."Alby and Minho," He muttered. "They should've come back hours ago."

Before (Y/N) knew it, She was back to work at the gardens.
Newt wasn't though.
He'd kept pacing back and forth and back and forth at the Maze walls.
Minho was one of her best friends! And Alby? He was practically a father to her.
(Y/N) hated to admit the fact that they might not make it back. That they might be..... dead.
The word was uncomfortable in her head. It didn't fit. Not at all

Soon enough, Dinner was being served. Her and Thomas along with the other Gladers sat silently.
Newt still hadn't left the walls. 'It won't be long until the doors close....', She thought, sadly. poking her mashed potatos, A tear made its way down her cheek.
Suddenly a fork slammed down next to her.
"I cant sit here anymore. I'm going to go wait with Newt.", Thomas growled and  stood up, beginning to march up to where the british boy was. (Y/N) and Chuck were following not far behind.
"Hey .", Thomas said weakly, Stepping next to the British boy.
"Where are they?" The blonde asked, His voice breaking apart.
(Y/N) listened as the boys fought about why they couldn't send out a search party, Newt's voice roaring the loudest out of the three.
"The doors close in two minutes...", He whispered, Choking on his words. He slowly turned and began limping away.
"Newt!", She called out but knew The blonde wouldn't come back.
(Y/N) gazed over to her brother who looked pretty serious and upset. She reached over and held his hand, offering a sad smile. Thomas squeezed her palm and gazed beyond the walls all signs of happiness wiped from his face.
A booming sound erupted throughout the glade followed by the sound of gears clanging together. (Y/N)'s heart dropped.

The doors were closing....

  Suddenly, She saw two figures in the distance. It was Minho. He was holding an unconscious Alby. The first in comands body was limp and swung in a uncomfortable way over Minhos shoulders. Alby fell from Minhos gripped and the Asian scrabbled to pick him up. They weren't going to make it.
"Newt!" Thomas yelled, his voice pained.
Newt's head spun around, shock all over his face as he began to limp his way back over.
  (Y/N)'s brother had slipped his hand out from hers. 
  "Thomas?" She whispered.
  He looked into the Maze then at the blonde, then back through the walls.
  "Don't you do it, Tommy! Don't you bloody do it!" Newt shouted.
Slowly, (Y/N) watched as all hope was lost.
She had tried to grab him, But Thomas, Her only family, Had slipped into the Maze to save Minho and Alby.