~Frustration~

"Tom!" (Y/N) squealed. She darted forward and lept into her brother's arms.
Newt trailed behind her with a smile, holding Riley to his chest.
"Hey little sis!" Thomas grinned. He'd just spent the whole night in the Maze with Minho and was now only making it back this morning.
Minho raised his eyebrows at Newt curiously and scratched behind Riley's smooth ear.
"Who's this little guy?" Thomas asked, also making his way foward with (Y/N).
Newt smiled and put the dog on the ground, who immediately raced to (Y/N) and tried to climb her legs. "This is Riley." The blonde chuckled. "He was starving in the Deadheads 'till your darling sister rescued him."
(Y/N) blushed as the three boys played and sweet talked with the puppy. Newt looked up at her and grinned. His blonde hair was adorably messy and out of place. "So what'd you guys find?" He asked the two boys while handing Riley back to (Y/N).
"Nothing." Minho scoffed. "The Maze is a huge joke."
"What?" (Y/N) and Newt said together.
Thomas shook his head and stood in front of Minho. "Don't listen to him. He's just discouraged." The boy paused. "Did the Grievers come last night?"
Newt blinked in silence and lowered his head before nodding. "Yeah. They took a guy named Tristan."
(Y/N) frowned and held Riley close to her. She didn't know that boy but couldn't help but be depressed over him.
Newt opened his mouth to say something else but Minho freaked out above his voice. "I'm sick of this!" He yelled. "It's over! It's all over!" He threw his backpack to the ground.
A tear slipped from (Y/N)'s eyes. "Min-"
  "There's no way out! There never will be!" The boy screeched and stomped off towards Homestead.

That night, The Gladers once again took shelter. Teresa was present this time. Newt and (Y/N) huddled together with a blanket in the far left corner of the room. Riley stayed on their laps, curled into a ball.
Newt glanced over at his girlfriend who anxiously held her thumbnail between her teeth. "Aren't you tired, Love?" He asked.
(Y/N) shook her head and held his hand. "No."
Newt frowned. "Well are you alright?"
"Im fine." The girl confirmed. "I'm just a bit scared. That's all."
Newt nodded, seeming to understand. He wrapped his arm around her waist. "I'll always be here for you. Okay?"