Chapter 11|Willingly Abducted

Axel

I was awoken from my dreams of eating when there was a loud banging on the door. My eyes instantly popped open as my arms tightened around Freddi who I had ended up spooning in my sleep.

"You little bitch! Whose car is outside," the voice yelled. It was the sheriff, a dead giveaway since I had been arrested before, but his voice sounded slightly different. Almost slurred.

Freddi gasped, her eyes popping open as she struggled free of my grasp. "You have to go! Hurry through the window!"

I frowned in confusion as the banging continued. "What? No, I'm not leaving you with him, I know what he does to you," I croaked tersely, though I stood and pulled on my jeans anyway.

Freddi stilled as she had been pacing and what little color was in her cheeks drained from her face. "W-What... He doesn-"

"Don't try to defend him!" I said patronizingly, pulling her shirt away from her stomach to show her bruises. Freddi flinched when she saw them.

"I can make this all stop," I offered gently, mentally calculating how much this would cost my family. An investigation, reporters, lawyers... barely a chunk of their fortune.

Freddi shook her head rapidly in response. "There's nothing you can do, he's the sheriff," she whimpered, pulling her shirt back down.

"I can only help you if you let me."

I knew she would refuse my help. Most people in situations like this did. This was all they had known, even if they hated their lives, with all the time they had spent perfecting how not to get in more trouble than usual, they became somewhat comfortable.

Freddi shook her head again before attempting to push me towards the window. However, her attempts were futile as I planted my feet firmly on her fluffy rug, and seconds later, her door was broken down.

"Who's car is that? Why was the door locked, and who the fuck is that?" Noel Thompson asked angrily, pointing a finger at me.

He glared at Freddi and ignoring my presence, grabbed her by her hair and tossed her down the stairs.

"What did I say would happen if you tried anything?" Noel snarled, running downstairs, before I quickly followed, seriously contemplating murder.

"You whoring around the whole town now huh? Just like your bitch of a mother!"

As soon as I made it to the foot of the steps, I found Freddi in a heap on the floor next to a cracked wall. That fucker!

The sheriff walked out of my line of sight, but I wasn't gonna wait for him to come to me. I walked towards the closet beneath the stairs which he then exited holding a wooden bat.

"Please, Axel, don't," Freddi begged from her position on the floor, wincing as she seemed unable to move.

And he just laughed.

That son of a bitch.

What man would be able to treat his daughter like that?

Without another thought, I ran towards him and tackled him to the floor, effectively knocking the bat out of his hand.

I punched him in the face, hard. Not enough to knock him unconscious but, it stunned him, giving me enough time to stand up and pull Freddi up as well.

"I'll give you a chance to make a deal, let me take her in exchange for my silence, or I'll call the entire police force now," I threatened angrily, as Freddi's blue eyes looked up at me in fear and relief.

"She's my kid! And I can have you arrested for breaking an entering Slade," the sheriff sneered. I merely smirked and let out a small laugh at his attempt to intimidate me.

"That serves you no purpose. My bail would be posted within the hour. You know it and I know it. But, what will the rest of the police force say when there's a viable witness and bruises as proof, that the sheriff abuses his daughter?" I questioned arrogantly.

"Fine take her, she's nothing but a useless whore anyways," he growled angrily in defeat.

Gritting my teeth and forcing myself not to stay and bludgeon him to death with his own baseball bat, I quickly grabbed Freddi's hand and ran out of the house, neither of us bothering to look back.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

(A/N: picture of Axel in media bar)

Published: 09/23/16
Edited: 12/30/17

And again on: 09/22/18

-Halo