Chapter 12|Revenge

Freddi

I sat in the passenger seat of Axel's car, with tears streaming down my face. I was sobbing uncontrollably because of what just happened and who just stopped it.

"You didn't have to do that," I whispered. I had stopped sobbing but tears still fell down my cheeks.

Axel glared at the road ahead of us. "You've been through enough," he said roughly, obviously still pissed.

"You knew before he came back," I accused in a questioning tone. He nodded.

"How?" I questioned.

"Whenever I saw you at school you would either walk funny or cringe with every step. I figured something was going on," he stopped to park the car in front of his now immaculate yard. "And when you were getting ready for the party I left my phone in your room, and when I went to get it I saw the bruises," he explained in a strained voice.

"You won't tell anyone will you?" I asked, my tears finally stopping. Axel looked at me as if he hated the idea of making this decision.

"Not unless you want me to," he answered without conviction, as he enfolded my little hand in his larger one.

I squeezed his hand in thanks. "What am I gonna do, he might tell my mom I left, and she'll ask questions?" I asked, nearly beside myself with panic, as we began to exit the car.

"He won't," Axel stated soothingly, before walking over to my side of the car and grabbing my hand.

"You don't know that. How can you be sure?" I asked frantically.

"He won't say anything unless he wants me to tell," he responded, looking completely sure of his words.

I hesitated slightly before I nodded solemnly, hoping to convince myself that his words were true as he led me into the house.

He took me upstairs and leads me to a room. It wasn't his, that much I could tell since it was plain, there was no television but it was decorated neatly in cream and pastel blue.

"If you don't want to sleep with me again, you can sleep in here. I'll take you shopping, so you don't have to go back there," he said the first part suggestively, but his calm eyes turned pissed at the end.

"You don't have to do that," I whispered softly.

He shook his head, "As long as you're with me, you don't have to go back there alone."

For the second time, I quickly pounced on him, enveloping him in a hug. Again.

Although stunned at first, he quickly responded by wrapping his large arms around my waist.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"Any time, nena," he cooed and I could practically feel him grinning.

. . .

After a slightly heated phone conversation between him and Heather, Axel walked back into my room.

"Sooo... girls like shopping right?" Axel asked, with his hands in his pockets looking at his shoes, as if they were suddenly the most interesting things ever.

"Most do?" I said as a question, rather than a statement. He opened his mouth to begin talking again, but I quickly cut him off.

"My dad just got back so he probably h-has to work late tonight, I can go grab some of my stuff." I was confused as to why he wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Okay, but call Heather or someone, in case he is there."

I nodded in agreement as he left the room. I grabbed my phone out of my sweatpants pocket and called Heather.

"Hey, Hea–" I began before she cut me off.

"Don't you dare give me that bullshit! He already called me."

"Is the swearing necessary Heather?" I asked as I blushed furiously, wondering hat screwed story he had probably told her.

"Yes, the fuck it is!" Heather exclaimed as I groaned.

"Never mind I just need you to meet me at my place in like 20 minutes," I informed her, eager to get out of this conversation.

"You will explain all of this shit to me later, capische?" Heather asked, or rather demanded.

"Whatever you say, mom."

Axel and I weren't even dating and he was probably going to be keeping me away from my friends.

Speaking of which, I hadn't really seen Wesley since that day in the cafeteria...

. . .

Axel

. . .

Standing in front of a quaint red brick house, I rang the doorbell. I waited impatiently for someone to answer so that I could beat the living shit out of that fucker.

Soon I heard footsteps headed towards the door before a familiar redhead swung the door open.

I stared at him, fury rising inside of me. He blinked a couple of times before focusing on me and his eyes widened in fear.

"Hello Weasel," I sneered. Internally I was doubling over with laughter as the kid looked as if he would either run and scream or puke.

"It's Wesley," he mumbled in reply.

"After what you were about to do last night," I chuckled softly, "I think Weasel is correct."

He swallowed thickly, "What will it take to keep you quiet Slade?"

"Hmm well first, you should know that I am not Savannah. You're not getting out of this," I taunted and he cringed at her name "And second when you tell Freddi, and you will tell Freddi, I will hurt you worse than this."

He appeared confused for a second, "What do you mean wor–"

I didn't even give him a chance to finish talking before my fist hit his stomach, knocking the air out of him.

He groaned and since I was fairly sure that he was at least going to be bruised, I left but before hopping into my car I looked back at him wincing as he attempted to stand.

"And remember if you don't tell Freddi within the week, I will. And trust me, it will be so much worse."

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

(A/N Picture of Heather in media bar.)

Published: 10/28/16
Edited: 12/30/17

And again on: 09/22/18