2.

y/n receives a text from her best friend, saying that he's here.

"yoongi's here granddad, i'll be going. love you."

"okay, i love you too."

y/n makes her way out of the house, seeing yoongi in his usual place near the street where he waits for her.

y/n and yoongi have been friends since their first year of middle school. y/n was reading a book about a certain kind of flower she was interested in at the time.

yoongi thought she was adorable, and wanted to talk to her, so he struck up a slightly awkward but nice conversation. asking her questions about flowers just so they could keep talking.

having been the first person to attempt to speak to y/n in middle school, since her primary school friends went to different schools, y/n was really happy.

y/n was more shy back then than now, so when yoongi started talking to her. . and showing interest in what she liked, she was super happy.

the two started to talk more, and she soon found out about yoongi's love for music. yoongi talked to her about music, and she talked to yoongi about flowers.

one day, the two were walking home. . and yoongi made mention about how since they live near each other, the two of them should walk to and from school together.

so they did, and as middle school went on they learned more and more about each other, and each other's interests.

by their third year of middle school, the two of them were practically inseparable.

now, the two of them are second years and are full fledged best friends.

"good morning yoongi. ." y/n says, trying her best not to sound sad but ultimately failing.

"morning y/n, what's up?"

"yoongi, i swear someone is stealing my flowers!" y/n huffs,

"y/n, why would someone steal your flowers when they could simply grow their own. besides, it's probably an animal."

"no, they're being cut with scissors. . look at this picture!" y/n reaches into her pocket, quickly pulling up the picture of the cut stems.

yoongi sighs, scratching his head.

"what kind of flowers wer-"

"my dianthus caryophyllus flowers."

"huh?"

"carnations yoongi, they were my pretty dark-red carnations." y/n sighs,

"hey, don't get hateful with me. . i didn't steal your flowers. look, after school we'll go to the shop."

"i'm sorry yoongi, i'm just frustrated. and thank you, but jin is all out." y/n states,

"it's okay, and damn that sucks."

"i know. . anyway, do you think it's someone from school doing it?"

"hm, i don't know. . could be?"

"well, whoever it is. . i'll fight them." y/n declares, fist pumping into the air.

yoongi laughs. . grinning, he turns to y/n,

"you will?"

"yeah, you'll help me right?" y/n says jokingly smiling at her best friend,

"why are we even friends?" yoongi smiles, shaking his head.

y/n and yoongi make their way into the school building,

"see you in class." yoongi says, giving his best friend a quick hug as he makes his way to his locker.

"see you!" y/n says, waving. y/n opens her locker, grabbing the notebooks and textbooks she'll need for her first class.

a loud giggle rings through the hallway, catching
y/n's attention.

standing there in all her glory, is none other than the one and only iseul hyeon.

iseul hyeon; one of the more well known girls in
y/n's small high school. her natural, yet charming looks and striking ability to whip up a conversation with any boy makes her seem more irresistible than she actually is.

y/n sighs as she closes her locker, making her way to class.

///

i swear this will pick up
in the next chapter