23.

"y/n?" yoongi asks softly as the two make their way down the street, their feet crunching against the gravel as the cool morning breeze wraps itself around them both.

"yes?" y/n questions, turning her head to face her best friend. yoongi stares into y/n's pretty eyes as y/n stares right back into yoongi's enticing ones.

"you didn't check your garden to see if anything was missing this morning." yoongi states as y/n just shrugs.

"i truly believe that jimin isn't going to steal anything else." y/n replies honestly, thinking back to her and jimin's time in the garden.

"what? how can you be so sure?" yoongi asks, suspicion washing over him. it's not like y/n to be so lackadaisical about her flowers.

"don't worry yoongi, it's fine. i'm really sure he's stopped doing that stupid shit." y/n assures, gently talking yoongi's hand in her own and squeezing it lightly.

y/n's hand is cold, and slightly rough from all the gardening that she does. but to yoongi, it's one of the softest, warmest, most precious things that his own hand could ever touch.

"if you're not worrying about it then i won't worry either i guess." yoongi says, smiling softly at the girl which causes y/n to smile back widely.

"the music festival is tomorrow, are you excited? i sure am, i had a lot of fun last time!"
y/n mentions excitedly, thinking about the last music festival her and yoongi went to.

despite it being on a school night, it was amazing really.

y/n loved seeing yoongi so happy. plus, the food was really great and music was awesome as well. naturally, y/n felt a little bit shy and out of her element at first, but yoongi being there beside her the entire time made things a lot better.

yoongi's smile widens as he stops walking, causing y/n to stop walking as well. the girl sends yoongi a confused look as he just continues to smile.

yoongi lets go of y/n's hand and places both of his hands on y/n's waist, pulling the girl into his chest.

unlike when taehyung hugged her, y/n doesn't hesitate to tightly hug yoongi back, despite her confusion.

y/n smiles, she's cold but yoongi is so warm. hugging him always make her so happy, she'll never be able to put into words how special and perfect yoongi is to her.

yoongi places his hands on y/n shoulders and runs his hands softly down her arms until both of his hands find their way into y/n's hands.

he pulls away from her just enough so he can stare into her eyes.

y/n's eyes are like a safe place to yoongi. he feels so at peace when he stares into them. it's like all his of problems have been solved and he won't have to worry about anything ever again.

"hearing you say that makes me so happy." yoongi states, his voice gentle and his eyes full of nothing but love and admiration.

"that's all i want you to be yoongi, happy."

y/n and yoongi walk into the school, giving each other a quick hug before turning to go separate ways to their lockers.

the two got to school oddly early, so when y/n goes to her locker no one is there yet. it's weird to her, not seeing jimin.