3.

y/n and yoongi sit beside each other in a comfortable silence waiting until class starts.

y/n can't help but read about carnations in her flower encyclopedia she takes everywhere, and yoongi's just reading a book on music. however, he's observed something.

yoongi glances over at y/n, and sees that she's reading about the flowers she's missing.

sighing, he reaches over and closes the book, causing a surprised y/n.

"yoongi wha-"

"reading about the flower isn't going to do anything but make you feel worse dumbass, and besides look." he whispers at her, nudging y/n in the direction he wants her to look.

y/n sees hyeon standing there, chatting with some boys in their class. she recognizes those boys to be,

taehyung; a well known boy with a good reputation, he's sweet; and smart. . making girls naturally attracted to him.

jungkook; another well known boy; he's kind of shy, and can come off as standoffish. however, he still manages to be naturally charming.

jimin; yet another well known boy, he's very cute and funny. . and can easily strike up a conversation with girls. he always seems to be hanging around hyeon, making many people assume they're an item.

y/n stares at the group, wondering why yoongi wants her to look at them. feeling awkward, she turns back to her best friend.

"yoongi, why-"

"look, look." he whispers, causing y/n to turn back in that direction.

"u-um, hyeon?" jimin questions the smiling brunet.

"yes, jimin?" she questions, sounding sickeningly sweet,

"i got these flowers for you. ."

sure enough,
the flowers are dark-red carnations.

y/n gasps in shock,

"my dianthus caryophyllus flowers!" y/n whisper shouts, causing a confused look from yoongi.

"my carnations!" y/n says again this time using words her best friend knows.

"i know, let's keep watching." yoongi says, earning a sharp nod from y/n.

"aw jimin, you shouldn't have! these are so beautifully taken care of! thank you hun!"

y/n clenches her fist in frustration, through gritted teeth she speaks.

"you're right, he shouldn't have."

/ /

this story is fun to write. .