5.

y/n stands up, making her way over the three boys and girl sitting together, yoongi not far behind her.

y/n gulps as she approaches the table,

"excuse me." y/n says, sounding more shy than she intended.

the group stares at her, their conversation slowly dying out as their eyes wander to the cute girl.

"yes?" hyeon questions,

"i uh, like your carnations. where'd you get them?"

"oh, jimin gave them to me! jimin, where'd you get them?"

"oh, uh- the flower shop in the neighborhood."

"really? when?"

"the other day."

"is that so? last time i went seokjin oppa said that he was all out?"

jimin and y/n have a stare down,

"he got another shipment."

"i see, well they're beautiful."

"thanks! jimin said he chose the dark-red ones just for me!" hyeon giggles,

y/n gives the group a quick smile, as her and yoongi make their way back over to the desks they were sitting at.

"yoongi, he stole them!" y/n whispers, as jimin turns around to glare at her causing her gulp. yoongi returns a sharper glare, which makes jimin turn back around.

"that asshole, i think he stole your flowers. . but we have to catch him in the act." yoongi says,

"well, we're going to seokjin oppa's shop after school. we can ask if jimin was in there and bought carnations."

"oh yeah, good idea. ."

y/n and yoongi make their way to seokjin's shop.

seokjin owns the best and most affordable flower shop in the neighborhood. he has new flowers, and he makes very beautiful bouquets. jin's shop is a family owned one, and has been around even when y/n's grandfather was young.

they arrive at the shop the push the door open, hearing the all too familiar little ding of the bell above the door.

"hello, y/n, yoongi!" seokjin greets them with a friendly and pleasant smile on his face.

"seokjin oppa, hello."

"hey, jin hyung."

"what can i do for you two?"

"seokjin oppa, yoongi and i believe a boy from school is stealing my dianthus caryophyllus flowers."

"stealing? why do you think that."

"hyung, flowers from y/n's garden appear to be cut. it's been happening everyday this week. and then, a boy in our class today gave this girl carnations that looked just like the ones y/n is missing. there were six of them."

"also, he said he bought them from your shop, but you're all out aren't you?"

"yes, i've been out of them for about a week now. but maybe he did come into my shop? what's his name?"

"park jimin." y/n and yoongi say in unison.

"ah no, he came in here one time with some girl but that was a while ago. . and they didn't even buy anything."

"seokjin oppa, what do you suggest we do?"

"my bet would be to just keep on the lookout, maybe wake up early and see if you see anybody."

"okay, that's what grandad recommended i do. thank you for your time, have a good day." y/n answers, giving seokjin a small smile.

"have a good day." yoongi says, waving as he and y/n make their way out of the shop.

yoongi and y/n make their way back near their homes. they live close to each other, but on different streets.

as they walk that chat about music and school, and flowers. yoongi trying his hardest to pull
y/n's mind away from jimin.

soon, the turn for y/n's street comes up.

"bye yoongi, see you tomorrow."

"bye y/n, don't worry yourself too much okay?"

"alright."

they give each other a quick hug before going their separate ways.

/ /

it's a new year and i'm glad!