18.

it's finally the end of the day and y/n couldn't be happier.

she just wants to see yoongi, she wants to see if he's feeling any better and she wants to make him tea.

y/n quickly goes to her locker, putting all the stuff she needs in her book bag and then closing her locker, heading straight towards to doors to leave.

"hey, y/n!" she here's a familiar voice call,

jimin.

she turns around to see the boy walking towards her, a cool smile on his face.

y/n doesn't want to be rude since jimin has been being so nice, but she really wants to get to yoongi's house.

"hi jimin, uh–"

"are you walking all by yourself?" jimin asks softly as y/n nods. she wonders why he's asking her this, he usually walks home with hyeon anyway.

"yes but i'm going to yoongi's house." y/n states,

"isn't he sick?"

"yeah but i'm going to go make sure he's okay. i'll see you around, enjoy the rest of your day." y/n says before giving jimin a quick wave and walking out of the school.

jimin stands in the hallway dumbly, watching y/n turn to go down the street leading to yoongi's house.

"jimin? are you ready?" jimin turns around at the sound of hyeon's voice, which seems incredibly annoying compared to y/n's cool and calm one.

"yeah, i'm ready." jimin mumbles, wishing that y/n was the one walking beside him.

y/n reaches yoongi's house.

she twists the front door knob to see if it's unlocked and of course it is.

"yoongi? i'm here." y/n calls, shutting the door behind her. she sits her book bag down beside the door and starts walking towards the staircase.

"i'm in my room." yoongi replies from upstairs, his voice sounding slightly better from this morning. y/n walks up the stairs and down the hall to yoongi's room.

the door is open so she just walks in. she spots yoongi on the bed with a mountain of blankets over him, only revealing his messy hair and sleepy eyes.

"i look like shit." yoongi says, his words muffled from all of the blankets, as he attempts to smooth his hair down.

"you? look like shit? that's impossible." y/n replies, walking over to sit in yoongi's desk chair beside his bed.

yoongi smiles before sitting up straighter, pushing most of the blankets off of himself.

"how was your day?" the boy asks, causing y/n to remember her lunchtime with jimin.

"it was fine i guess, how about you? you sound like you're feeling a bit better." y/n states, as yoongi nods.

"yeah, i'll be at school tomorrow."

"i'm glad you're feeling better, it's really rare for you to be so sick that you miss school so i was worried about you." the girl admits,

"i was worried about you too, geez i guess both of us really do worry too much." yoongi sighs with a smile on his face,

"i guess so." y/n laughs,

the two sit in a comfortable silence for a moment, just enjoying each other's company after not seeing each other all day.

"oh, grandad gave me some tea for me to make you, it's downstairs." y/n says, standing up from the chair.

"be sure to thank him for me." yoongi smiles as y/n nods and makes her way back downstairs. she gets the tea out of her book bag and goes to the kitchen to make it.

y/n sits with yoongi as he drinks his tea. they talk about flowers and music and school, but also stopping to enjoy little moments of comfortable silence between the two of them.

y/n even turned on the radio in yoongi's room so they could listen to music together.

"y/n, didn't you say yesterday that you were going to the arboretum today?" yoongi asks, causing y/n to nod in realization.

"i did say that didn't i?"

"yeah, you should still go, it's only four thirty." yoongi says, as y/n shrugs.

"are you sure? i don't want to just leave you. ." y/n asks, as yoongi just smiles.

"aww. . ." yoongi cooes as y/n smiles and rolls her eyes,

"shut up, but seriously are you sure?" y/n asks again, as yoongi nods in return.

"yeah, i'm alright, i feel a lot better now." yoongi insists,

"okay, i guess i'll go then. i'm gonna go change out of my school uniform at least." y/n says walking out of yoongi's room and back downstairs to her bookbag which has her spare change of clothes in it.

y/n grabs her clothes and goes to the bathroom, putting them on quickly and walking back out to put her uniform in her book bag.

she walks back upstairs to yoongi's room to tell him goodbye.

"okay yoongi, i'll see you tomorrow. make sure you keep getting lots of rest, and make sure you eat. you want me to cook you something before i leave?"

"that's okay, thank you though. and i'll be sure to get plenty of rest, enjoy the arboretum today okay?"

"i will, see you later yoongi." y/n says, walking over to the place on the bed where yoongi is sitting and leaning down to give him a hug.

"see you y/n."

/ /

thank you so much for reading !!