17.

"did you sleep well?" the boy asks kindly as y/n closes her locker, turning to face jimin.

"yes, did you."

jimin smiles almost a little too brightly at girl's un-sarcastic remark to his question.

y/n stares at him, noticing how different he looks when he's wearing a huge smile on his face instead of a cocky one.

his eyes look really pretty.

"yeah, i did!" jimin states happily, causing y/n to nod.

y/n gives the boy a wave before turning around to head to class, but jimin just catches up to walk beside her.

"so uh. ." jimin trails on, wondering what else he could talk to the girl about.

"hm?"

"what else do you think is cool besides flowers?" jimin asks, causing y/n to look at him.

"what else do i think is cool?" y/n repeats, a questioning look on her face as jimin just nods.

"yoongi."

"i mean, anything else besides flowers and uh yoongi?" jimin asks, resisting the urge to sigh.

"well i mean, the music festivals yoongi has taken me to were really fun, and yoongi always tells me interesting things about music. he also recommends really good songs for me to listen to." y/n states, thinking for a moment before continuing.

"i didn't know much about music before i met yoongi, but we've been friends for some years now, so i've learned a lot about it. well, at least the kind of music yoongi's interested in. but that's fine with me because i personally think his music taste is very good, so i guess i think music is cool?" y/n finishes,

she looks at jimin and sees the same bright smile on his face like the one from earlier.

jimin can't help but smile, he's happy at the fact that y/n likes music since he really likes music too.

he wonders what if would be like if he were the one to take y/n to music festivals and give her song recommendations. he wonders if she'd think his taste in music is good.

"i really like music as well, sometimes i even like to sing." jimin states,

"you sing?"

"sometimes, if i'm by myself." jimin says shyly, scratching the back of his neck.

"wow, i would've never guessed. it's great that you like to sing." y/n states, honestly finding it pretty cool that someone like jimin would be interested in singing.

"thank you."

it's currently lunch time.

taehyung, jungkook, and hyeon are doing what they usually do during lunch, being loud whilst taehyung and jungkook basically give hyeon half of their lunch.

jimin sighs and looks over at y/n, she's eating her lunch calmly, reading through the book she had earlier.

her facial expression looks concentrated, and jimin notices she even has a little notebook beside her that she'll occasionally write something down in, like she's taking notes.