24.

a/n: yall, sadly, i've never been to a music festival before or anything like it. so, please bare with me if you've been to one and this entire chapter is just a big mess. i deeply apologize!

y/n turns around to the ding of her phone, breathing in deeply when she reads yoongi's text message stating that he's here.

she wasn't nervous before, but as she was getting ready all the calm she had felt before had almost completely washed out of her.

to y/n, her hair just didn't look quite right and her outfit didn't look like she'd thought it would when she imagined it in her head.

y/n grabs her purse and walks down the stairs, taking her time. she smiles as she sees her grandfather sitting on the couch, drinking coffee despite it being 9:00 pm, and reading a newspaper.

"grandad, i'm heading out. be sure to eat dinner–"

"dinners right here!" her grandad chirps, holding up a bowl of vanilla ice cream. y/n laughs, shaking her head at her grandad who takes a bite of his ice cream.

"real dinner. i heated up leftovers from yesterday's dinner and it's on the stove. i'll be back around 12:00 okay? i love you." y/n smiles, walking over to her grandad and giving him a hug, which he returns.

"okay, i love you too! have lots of fun!" y/n's grandad smiles, waving to her as she makes her way out the door.

y/n shuts the door behind her, taking in a deep breath and staring into the sky. the sun was fading away and so was y/n's peace of mind.

y/n continues to stare up at the mix of warm pink and dark blue colors that take the shape of clouds and move slowly across the sky, mentally telling herself that it'll be fun and that there's literally nothing to worry about.

y/n moves her eyes to the end of her yard, where she sees yoongi waiting for her in his usual spot by the street.

the pink color from the fading sun provides just enough light for y/n to see yoongi. she notices his outfit, which is a loose black t-shirt that reveals his collar bones, ripped jeans and black sneakers.

y/n smiles and waves at him, earning a smile and a wave back from the boy. y/n walks quickly across her lawn to where yoongi is standing, hugging him as a greeting.

yoongi's smile widens as he hugs the girl back, thoughts of the music festival drifting out of his mind as he imagines standing under the fading sunlight with y/n forever.

"yoongi, you look so cool!" y/n gushes, pulling away from the boy enough to look into his eyes. yoongi adverts his eyes from y/n's, feeling flustered by the girl's simple comment.

"thank you, but you look–" yoongi looks at y/n's outfit, and how she styled her hair different. it might not seem like much, but yoongi thinks she looks pretty all the time, even just in casual clothes like her school uniform and pajamas.

so seeing her right now, dressed up cooly in music festival style fashion, is making his heart beat faster than he would like it too.

"cooler." yoongi breaths out, letting his eyes meet
y/n's again.