4- Words hurt

Chapter Four

~

Freedom.

Freedom was all Aqua wanted. You would think she wanted freedom of speech. Freedom of being held captive, to be free. Well you're right, but not completely. Aqua wanted the freedom of expressing how she feels, but who did she have to talk to? She wanted freedom of being held into the little dark world she's living in, lonely and hurt. She wanted freedom of hurt. To forget all the pain.

This was all Aqua was thinking about, as her feet felt numb with every step she took. To forget the pain.

A few minutes earlier, she was just standing in the kitchen washing the dishes after her and Luke ate dinner. Just as she finished the front door opened revealing her dad, stumbling and tripping over his own feet. She quickly ran to him and held his arm to provide him from falling down, only to get pushed back and for her to fall instead. Thats when she saw his eyes, red and puffy. He had been crying, but once the smirk appeared on his face, it all changed.

"Well if it isnt the murderer itself." Paul smirked, stumbling back. Aqua was in lost of words. Her father was drunk, and he barely drinks. What in the world has happened?

"Dad...?" She whispered in disbelief.

"Stop acting all innocent Aqua, you caused her death! Because of you I have to wake up every morning heartbroken. Because of you I havent been the same for the past couple of years." Paul growled at his daughter as tears streamed down her face. "How could you do this to me." His voice cracked as he leant against the door. He sat down and let the pain take over, crying after so long. After all the times he had spent trying to get stronger and forget the pain, Paul finally cried.

Aqua slowly got up and walked over to him, bending down on her knees and holding his hand for comfort. The next move was something Aqua hadn't expected at all. Paul's hand came into contact with Aqua's cheeck in an instant move.

"Dont. How can you live like this? Knowing you were the reason that got youre mother killed?! Just go kill yourself." And with that, he got up and went straight into his room.

Aqua was still sat on the floor, eyes wide in shock. She got up, not crying anymore and decided to do what her father wants her to do. She put on her shoes and got out of the house, towards the last place they would look for her if she did it. If she killed herself.

Running is all Aqua is thinking about, other than how to comply her father's wish. She was in the woods surrounded by the familiar tall trees, but she wasnt far away. She was still close to the road. Aqua stopped, gasping for air as she sat down beside a tree, bringing her knees to her chest and hugging them tightly as she started to sob. It took everything in her to keep her voice low, considering its too quite in the woods and just a low voice of a sob could attract anything.

Aqua heard a car passing by, and it hit her. She could do it this time, for her dad. She got up and wiped the tears as she walked back towards the road. It took all her courage, everything in her, to try it.

Aqua heard the car coming by, but she waited. She waited as the car's speed got faster, coming closer and closer. The young Moon closed her eyes as she took the one step being left for her to be straight in front of the car. The horning went on as the car got closer. Aqua felt a hard object colliding with hers which sent her flying away.

A few moments later, she opened her eyes. Hoping to be greeted by a beautiful angel, but instead she got greeted by a pair of blue eyes. She blinked her eyes rapidly, and finally realised it. She wasnt dead.

Aqua pushed the body away from her, getting up with her eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. "Why did you save me! It wasnt youre place to choose life for me! Havent you thought maybe I wanted to get hit by a car? Maybe I wanted to leave? I didnt ask to be saved!" She yelled angrily. The boy stared at her in amusement.

"Uh, sorry, was that a thank you?" He asked sarcastically, which made Aqua more furious.

"No! It wasnt a thank you!"

The boy just smiled. "You know, suicide is never an option." Aqua looked at him confusedly. "What do you know." She spit at him as she turned around and headed towards the woods once again.

His footsteps could be heard behind her, getting closer and closer as she tried to put up with her speed.

"Would you slow down a bit?" The boy asked Aqua as he got ahold of her arm and turned her around, she yanked her hand away from his grip.

"Would you leave me alone? I dont know you and you clearly dont know me either, so lets just pretend this never happened and leave me alone." She hissed, not really knowing whats the reason that got her mad. The fact that she's being followed by a random dude or the fact that her suicide attempt didnt go well.

"Well I cant leave you alone in here now, so might as well get to know me for I shall be following you wherever you might go, to keep you safe you know." He spoke in his rich British accent, smiling sweetly to Aqua. "Austin. Austin James." He introduced himself as he held his hand out.

Aqua hesitantly took it. "Aqua Moon. Oh and just so you know, I never asked for a protector." She glared at Austin as she kept walking deeper into the dark forest.

"True, you never asked for it, but it doesnt mean that you dont need it." He smirked. "So tell me about yourself." Austin walked faster to stay at Aqua's side.

"What's there to tell?"

"Hmm, like why did you try to end your life?" He spoke quietly so he wouldnt get Aqua angrier than she already was.

"Thats none of your concern. Have I seen you before? You look familiar." Aqua asked him, trying to change the subject. Austin chuckled slightly. "Well it is the second time I had saved your life, so.."

Aqua widened her eyes as she finally came into realization that he had saved her life in the school's parking lot too. What a coincidence, she thought.

Without another word, they kept on walking deeper into the forest. "We should really get back Aqua." Austin stopped as he warned her with a cocern look, which Aqua took as a joke.

"Why? Is Austin James afraid?" She joked as she chuckled. Austin frowned in response. "No. I have been here a lot before, but its getting late. Plus your parents would probably be worried."

Aqua felt the words tug at her heart, but then she slightly chucked which confused Austin even more. "I highly doubt that, but im going back anyways because im tired." She turned around and headed back towards the road.

"Its the wrong way. We should go from this side." Austin told her, pointing to his right.

"Trust me, I have been here a lot of times that I have memorised the way back. Its a shortcut." Aqua smiled proudly, suddenly feeling confident. It was true though, Aqua had been here a lot which made her memorise the way back by heart. Austin decided not to argue and walked next to her.

Aqua kept walking with Austin behind her, but her thought was elsewhere. All she kept thinking about was what her father had done and how she had actually wanted to end her life. It was all confusing to her and soon when she came back to realise the fact that Austin was walking behind her completely silent, she turned around to see that he was gone.

Aqua started to worry. Maybe he got lost? She thought. She was about to go look for him but stopped. She remembered his words saying he was here before and he knows where to go, so she just let it go and stepped out onto the road.

This time, Aqua put her full attention on the road. Glancing to her left then to her right, and when she saw no car around she passed the road and went straight towards her house. Hopefully her dad would have went to sleep so she could make it safely to her room.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Vote? 

Comment? 

Share?

Stay fabulous B)

-Yasmeen<3