23- Deal

Chapter Twenty-Three

~

The loud ringing of the school's bell echoed around the hallways, signalling it was time for the students to attend their first class.

Aqua adjusted the bag hung low from her right shoulder as she held her book tight against her chest, listening to Alice blabbed on and on about how fun the party she attended to was. Aqua nodded her head and smiled at times when Alice burst out laughing, but it wasn't like Aqua was listening anyways.

''Okay, what's wrong?'' Alice sighed, turning around to face Aqua and stopping her from walking. Aqua sighed.

''Nothing's wrong Alice, this is like the 5th time you ask me the same question today. I swear nothing's wrong.'' Aqua laughed.

''Then what's on your mind that's keeping you busy. I know you're thinking of something, i could see how busy and confused it keeps you since you came here.'' 

''Nothing.. its just..'' Aqua sighed out of frustration, taking in a deep breath before turning to look at Alice once again. ''It's him.'' She finally admitted.

''I knew it!'' Alice almost yelled, catching the attention of a few teenagers passing by, who turned to glare at her. ''What?'' Alice spit harshly at one who stared at her as if she had grown a second head. Aqua laughed, shaking her head.

''Well what are you thinking about him?'' Alice asked, walking towards their class once again.

''I don't know.. it's just, i guess i kinda miss him..'' Aqua whispered. 

''You know..'' Alice started with a smile. ''Austin's been thinking of a way to apologize since what happened at his house a couple of days ago. Maybe you should talk to him.'' 

''I am not going to talk to him after what he said. He should be finding a way to apologize, that was just so rude. I mean i never expected him to be that rude, and it actually hurt me... even though what he said was true.'' 

''I know, i know. But i mean make it a bit easier and at least send him a 'Hello' text or something.'' 

''No.. i wont. He's the one who's wrong here, so im going to wait for him to admit it and apologize. I'm not going to go after him. We'll see if he really feels sorry and misses me.. or wants my friendship.'' Aqua opened the door to her classroom.

''Friendship? You've got to be kidding me. I don't think what he feels is 'friendship'." Alice almost yelled as Aqua laughed and entered the classroom.

''We'll see.. See you at lunch, you're running late for your class by the way.'' Just as Aqua finished that sentence, the second bell rang, and Alice swore before turning around and almost running towards her class.

Austin pushed the door open, walking in with a proud smile and facing his Alpha - also known as his grandfather - Edward.

''Austin, it's been a long time.'' Edward smiled as he gestured for Austin to take a seat on the chair in front of his desk. He nodded to the two men guarding the door, they smiled and nodded their heads before turning and walking out of the room, leaving the grandfather alone with his grandson.

''I'm guessing you're here to talk to me about something?'' He added.

''In fact, i am. This might come out a bit shockingly, but I'm here to ask for Alpha.'' Austin blurted out, as if he was asking his father for a few bucks. Unexpectedly, Alpha Edward burst out laughing.

Austin stared at him confusedly. ''What in the world has gotten into you?'' Edward said, trying to control his breathing.

''Im serious, grandpa. I want to claim Alpha, so then i could claim the war.''