12- A mate?

Chapter Twelve

~

''Are you out of your mind?'' Austin's eyes widened in fear. It barely took him a second to step inside the room before being yelled at like this.

''Sir..'' He tried explaining but was cut off.

''No Austin! No! What you have done was stupid! How could you not think of the consequences?'' Alpha Edward, his grandpa, that doesnt look much old even though he has two grown up grandsons, yelled furiously.

''I know Sir! Never in a million years would i want to bring her into this, but now it's too late!'' Austin yelled back, getting angrier. Which was a wrong move. No one is ever supposed to raise their voice while talking to the Alpha, it's disrespectful.

Alpha Edward started walking towards him, his eyes questioning. It looked as if he was waiting to hear an apology, but he didnt.

''Look grandpa. i know i wasnt supposed to bring her into this, but you know how hard it is when a werewolf meets his mate. i fell in love with Aqua the moment i saw her, and whatever happened my wolf would always feel the need to save her from anything that would hurt her in someway. We have got to know each other better and i swear she's not how you think she is.'' Austin stared at his Alpha, seeing his face soften once Austin called him grandpa.

A bond, which no other grandpa and son ever had, came flashing to the front of his mind. The times when they did everything together, and always had fun. The times when Alpha Edward treated Austin like his own son because his father wasnt around. All those times would disappear in a blink of an eye when the times comes to start the war. When the war is about to begin, everything is serious. 

The first time Austin's grandfather was rude to Austin because of planning for a way to keep his pack safe because of the war of blood that was going to come, Austin was confused and afraid. But not anymore. Now he knows how hard it is to have to keep a whole pack safe from a war that is about to take away hundreds of lives. 

''I dont care how she is. She is a human being, and she cannot be your mate. You have to find someone else who is a werewolf. You have no idea what youre getting yourself into by taking care of a human being and bringing her into the wolf blood world.'' Alpha Edward said, taking a seat on the chair behind his desk while Austin took a seat on the black leather couch in his grandpa's office.

''But grandma was human. What's the big difference?'' Austin wondered. His grandma, Alpha Edward's wife, was a human being too, not a werewolf. The lovable relationship between both Austin's grandparents ended when his grandma died. Everyone knew that werewolves had the power to live longer than normal human beings, but unfortunately his grandma wasnt a werewolf.

''Exactly Austin, i have been through this once. And i would never want you to go through it. It's very hard, she's a human, no powers, no strength. If something happened to her she wouldnt be able to defend herself. You would have to always be there to protect her, and someday you'll get tired and need a rest. Or worse, someday it would be too late to protect her.'' 

''Grandpa if you could do it, then so can i. i wouldnt mind to protect Aqua for the rest of my life. She's the one for me, believe me. All this time i have met hundreds of girls, shifters and non shifters, but none of them made me feel the same way Aqua did.'' Austin said, a small smile appearing on his face once he remembered how Aqua used to treat him whenever she saw him in the woods. Most girls would run away screaming if they saw a wolf in the woods at night. But Aqua loved the thought of having a werewolf as a friend, or a pet. Austin shook his head to get it clear of the thought Aqua wanted him to be her pet, and looked up to see his grandpa smiling.