13- The first hit

Chapter Thirteen

~

Aqua Moon pulled her brown wavy hair into a ponytail and took one last glance at the full length mirror. Her pink shorts fitted perfectly and so did her pink jacket that came along with it. She left the jacket open to reveal her simple white tank top, then she wore her sport shoes. She smiled at her reflection, suddenly feeling excited for the run she was about to make.

Aqua bounced down the stairs, making her way through the kitchen doorway. It seemed like a bright day outside, the sunlight bright yellow and the light blue sky covered with cotton-like clouds.

She saw her father seated with his hot morning coffee on the table and the newspaper in his hand. Aqua wasnt sure if he was either distracted by the newspaper or if he was totally ignoring her, because he never lifted his head up from the moment Aqua walked in. 

She didnt feel hungry so instead she just poured herself a glass of orange juice and drank half of it up due to her thirst since last night. ''Morning dad.'' She broke the silence. Without glancing up from the newspaper, Paul Moon replied with a quick morning and continued reading.

Alright, Aqua thought, this is it, this has to come to an end. ''Dad can i talk to you for a minute?'' She asked politely.

''Not really Aqua im kind of busy, i need to go to the office just right now.'' And it was a complete lie. If he had to 'go to the office right now' he would have left the second he said it. Instead, he sat there continuing what he was doing before Aqua walked in.

''Its just for a minute Dad, wont take too long.'' Aqua insisted. 

''Aqua i said i-'' Her father started rudely, but Aqua wasnt taking a no for an answer.

''Dad what has happened to you? Cant this stop? Cant you just talk to us properly and stop staring at us like the criminals you think we are?'' She started. 

''Aqua stop it right now.'' He warned while putting the newspaper on the table. But there was no way Aqua was stopping, not now that it has begun.

''No dad, you need to stop this, not me. Have you ever thought that Luke and i might need you to be there for us? Ever since mom died you have done nothing but push us away from you. It's like we have lost you too.'' Paul jumped off the chair, standing a few feet away from Aqua.

''Wouldnt that be better? Wouldnt it have been better if you lost me too with your mother? If it wasnt for you guys and if you havent went to that stupid party she wouldnt have left us now. She would be here with us right now, making breakfast and smiling at us warmly.'' He said, imagining the last part and smiling slightly.

''Here i am telling you that Luke and i need you and youre saying we want you to leave too? It wasnt our fault dad, everyone's time is going to come someday. Its just that mom's came earlier. She's lucky to have left this world we're living in.'' Aqua spit harshly. 

''Lucky?! You call it lucky that i lost the only reason that made me smile? I loved her Aqua! i loved her more than i have ever loved anything else and i wished to live my entire live beside her. But you two made sure that wouldnt happen. You stole her away the second you got a chance for it.'' He clenched his fists.

''We loved her too! You werent the only one that loved her! We are here too to make you smile but you just cant see it. Youre making your life miserable when you can live it happily with us. We never tried to hurt her! She was the reason of our smile too! How could you ever think we wanted to hurt Mom, she was the best thing that had ever happened to me and i was so lucky i had her. Do you think she would be proud of you right now? You think it would satisfy her to see you treating us like this? It wont Dad! it never will!'' Aqua shouted, anger suddenly taking over her.