8- A date gone wrong

Chapter Eight

~

Aqua's eyes fluttered open, blinking a few times to adjust to the morning light. Her hand was sent to the back of her head, pressing slightly before wincing from the pain. Her head was throbbing, it seemed as if she was hit by a bat rapidly. 

It took her a few more minutes before remembering last night's actions. The party, argument with Austin, leaving to go for a walk, staring at the stars, being followed by a black wolf, Austin saving her, and at last, Austin shifting from human to a brown wolf. That was all Aqua could remember before being sent to the dark world. 

Aqua slowly got up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom. After almost an hour of showering and freshen up she finally got out. Aqua headed towards her closet, taking out a pair of black jeans and a short-sleeved galaxy shirt. It didnt seem to be so cold outside, plus she would probably be spending her day inside the house. She doesnt have a place to go to anyways.

Aqua heard a knock on her window, which made her jump and gasp in frighten. Who could knock of the window when there's a door? 

She slowly walked towards the window, getting a hold of the side of the curtain before pushing it to the right in a swift move. Her eyes widened at the sight in front of her, Austin sitting on top of a tree while one hand was holding the branch for support and the other one was about to knock on the window once again. 

When Austin saw the look on her face, he couldnt help but smirk. Aqua gasped as she opened the window, about to accidentally hit his face with it. 

''Oh my God, sorry! What are you doing here? Are you out of your mind?'' Aqua whisper-yelled as she held his arm to pull him inside her room. Austin slowly climbed in, pretending for it to be difficult just so Aqua could hold his hand and help him.

''Good morning to you too Princess.'' He smirked.

Aqua frowned, crossing her arms over her chest as she waited for the cheeky boy in front of her to give her a proper explanation on the sudden appearance outside her bedroom window.

''Alright, alright. I just came to check on you, that was it.'' Austin explained, but that wasnt a proper explanation to Aqua. She stood still, her arms still crossed as she waited for him to continue.

''After yesterday, i was worried and i wanted to check on you.'' He explained further, and Aqua's lips parted as she remembered what she wanted to ask him.

''Thats it! What the hell happened yesterday Austin?'' She asked him. Austin's face was neutral, showing Aqua that it wasnt anything important. ''Alright, story time.'' He clapped his hands sarcastically as he sat on the edge of her bed, patting of the mattress so Aqua would take a seat next to him, and so she did.

''Yesterday, as you could remember there was a party,'' Aqua nodded as Austin kept explaining further. ''And we had an argument before you walked out of the kitchen right? Well i couldnt leave you to walk away from me like that, so i followed you to explain everything. I couldnt just leave you walk all by yourself in the middle of the night after a couple of drinks. So you got out of the house, and i followed you to the front door, but once i stepped out, you stumbled over the small staircase in the front of the porch and fell on your back. Your head hit the hard pavement which sent you off to your dreamworld. I quickly got you and when i was sure you were alright, i took you to your house. Easy as that.'' Austin said, waiting to see her reaction.

''What? No this isnt what happened. I remember very well what happened last night. I went for a walk in the woods, i even remember staring at the stars in the sky as then a wolf appeared from behind a tree. He was a huge wolf, not like the one i used to see before, this one was black and he tried to attack me.'' Aqua got up, pacing around her bedroom as she tried to remember what happened exactly.