I played my bargaining chip

Everyone was around Ava. Apparently she was accidently struck in the throat. She was fine after a few second but for a month she wasn't at school. I wondered why? Later when she came back she was very pale and she didn't do sport anymore. She did nothing.

Ava POV

It was a bit awkward to see Antony; I mean I thought I killed him. It is still raining. The restaurant is having a slow day. It is actually a good thing it gives me think. What is Dale mother's problem? Why does she hate me? Did I say something or did I see something I shouldn't. I don't know. I was brought back to reality when the phone rang. "Hello, Ava's restaurant can I help you?" "Ava, please don't hang up. Please just let me explain myself." My heart dropped when I heard Josh's voice on the phone. My hand tightening around the phone. "Josh, what do you want? The police are looking for you." "I know but please don't hang up I have to explain why." I was ready to hang up but I didn't.

"Ava you still there?" Josh asked. "Yes, make it quick before I hang up." "I don't want to discuss it over the phone can I meet you somewhere?" I know it was too good to be true. "Bye Josh." "No, please don't Vanessa Marshall." My heart dropped again. "Where the fuck did you hear that name, you bastard?" "Please can we just meet and I will explain everything. Please I need to explain and if you don't want to come alone you can bring someone with but please I need to talk to you." No one knows about that name not even my mother. I need to know where he heard it. "Where and when?" "Today at three at Ciao Vito is it all right with you?" "It is fine but any funny business and I leave alright." "It is fine I promise but please I have to talk to you so come." "I will." I hang up the phone.

Dale's POV

"Antony tell me the real reason you are here." I know he didn't fly all the way from New York just to see my girlfriend." "I actually came to check on the company." "Okay, is Jane also here?" "No, she stayed in New York. What have you heard from dad is he still?" "Yes." "Alright so tell me how did you and Ava meet again. How long have you been a couple?" "Almost a week." "Really are you serious? Only a week, mother let's it sound like you are proposing." "She just need's to chill." "I find it hard to believe that you are dating our old neighbour." "Why?" "I don't know maybe because since you saw her nineteen years ago. How do you know it is her and not a stalker?" "She was with me in high school and if she was just a lookalike stalker why does she know so much about us when we were kids."

My brother always interrogates me or my girlfriend for some reason. "Like what?" "Antony stops with the interrogation. Did you know that she thought that she killed you?" "What are you talking about?" "My fifth birthday we played in the woods hide and seek. She was hiding when you had gotten bit by a snake and then you passed out right in front of her and it didn't help that mother forbid her to ever see or talk to us again and that it was her fault." "Okay that proves it she is who she say she is because it was only our family and her family that knew about that. Now could you show me where you keep the financial documents?" My phone starts ringing. "Sorry I have too take this, ask my assistant Ethan."

Ava POV

It is now five to three. My nerves are killing me but I have to know how he knows that name. I climb out of the car and walk into the restaurant. The rain finally stopped. I walk in and my eyes scanning everywhere. I walk to the receptionist. "Excuse me. I'm looking for a Mr Mendes." "Oh he said you would come by. Here." She hands me a cell phone. "He forgot it here earlier. He said he will ask someone to pick it up."Not knowing what to say I just say. "Thanks." I turn around and walk back out of the restaurant. The phone starts to ring. The caller ID said Vanessa Answer. "Stop playing games. I was here you weren't. Where are you?" I hang up and climbed into the car. "Right here." A voice says behind me and then covering my mouth.

"I am going to take my hand away don't scream. Are you going to scream?" I feel like I'm going to pass out. I shake head no. He talks his hand away. I let go my breath that I didn't knew I held. I turn around and look at Josh. "I am sorry. I didn't want to scare you. How is your heart feeling?" "Not good. I can't drive in this state." I say slowly loosing conscience. "Oh shit. I am such an idiot. Don't worry I will get you help." He said. Then he got out of the car, open my door and laid me on the backseat. He stats driving. "Stay with me. We are six minutes from the hospital." I feel his hand on me till everything went black.

Josh's POV

I have to tell Ava before it is too late. Pick up please pick up. "Hello, Ava's restaurant how I can help you?" thank goodness she answered. "Ava, please don't hang up. Please just let me explain myself." I begged. "Josh, what do you want? The police are looking for you." I deserve to go to prison but not before I explain myself to her. "I know but please don't hang up I have to explain why." No, reply. She didn't hang up yet. "Ava you still there?" "Yes, make it quick before I hang up." "I don't want to discuss it over the phone can I meet you somewhere?" She is never going to agree. "Bye Josh." "No, please don't Vanessa Marshall." I played my bargaining chip. "Where the fuck did you hear that name, you bastard?" at least it got her attention "Please can we just meet and I will explain everything. Please I need to explain and if you don't want to come alone you can bring someone with but please I need to talk to you." I have to tell her. "Where and when?" "Today at three at Ciao Vito is it all right with you?" "It is fine but any funny business and I leave alright." "It is fine I promise but please I have to talk to you so come." "I will." she hang up the phone.

I organized everything. When I see Ava enter the restaurant I quickly got in to her car. I phoned her as soon as I saw her exited. Please answer. "Stop playing games. I was here you weren't. Where are you?" I was so glad when she awed. Then she got in the car. "Right here." That was a stupid idea. I cover her mouth. "I am going to take my hand away don't scream. Are you going to scream?" I feel terrible for doing this to her. She shook her head no and I let go her. When she turns around I felt sick to my core. She was so pail. "I am sorry. I didn't want to scare you. How is your heart feeling?" "Not good. I can't drive in this state." She said slowly loosing conscience. "Oh shit. I am such an idiot. Don't worry I will get you help." I got out of the car, opened her door and laid her down on the backseat. I start driving fast. "Stay with me. We are six minutes from the hospital." I put my hand on her shoulder and looked at her.

Dale's POV

I have to amid it is nice having my brother here. I saw him two Christmases ago before he was married. Before we had the big fallout. The office is an ant's nest today. I take one day offend this happens. "Hey Tony, do you want to come over for dinner tomorrow so that I can properly introduce you to her?" "Yes, that would be nice. What time?" "Around seven." "What type wine does Ava prefer?" "She doesn't drink any alcohol." "Really, why not?" "It is her choice. She already has medical problems she doesn't want to make it worse." "I am sorry to hear that may I ask what she has?" "Her heart can't go over a certain amounts of beats before it gives out." "That is terrible." "It is but she manages it very well and don't mention her dad." "Why?" "He died." "Uncle Richard, sorry Mr Anderson is dead?" "Yes, do you remember him?" "Vaguely." I see Ethan opening the glass door with a worried look on his face. "What's wrong Ethan?" "We have to go now. Ava has been in a car accident she is in ICU."