A plane ticket for ...

After the bootcamp it was vacation and after vacation it two weeks till prom. I asked Kathrine at the bootcamp and I heard that Jake a friend of mine was going to ask Ava but when school started again she was gone. The teachers told us she graduated early and I thought that would be the last that I will see of her.   Not that she was weird or anything, she just didn't see comfortable or herself at school, but I thought that is school for you.  

Dale's POV

I really shouldn't have had so many drinks last night. I can't remember anything of last night. All I can remember is going to the bar after my meeting with mother. I wonder if Ava knew the truth. I closed my eyes and turned on my side and snuggle up against Ava. "Morning baby." That was not Ava's voice. While I sat up straight I look at the woman. "Who are you? Why are you in my bed? What happened? Where is Ava?" "Okay I'm Lola I think you know what we were doing last night. We met at the bar and things became steamy so you suggested we go to your house. When we got here there was a woman who was pretty upset with you. She threw a necklace at you, said something about dinner in the microwave and have a nice night. I'm forgetting something, oh she said to not call, or speak to her ever again."

Shit. NO, no, no this can't be true. "I want you to leave. Leave now." I climb out of bed and picked up her clothing and gave it to her. "I will give money for a cab or something just leave my house and don't come back." "Keep your money Asshole." She got up and dressed quickly. "Just remember one thing don't call me if you want me again. You were enjoying last night, I have the marks to prove it." With that she left my house.

Pick up. Please pick up Ava. I hear her phone ringing in the kitchen. Shit she left it. Maybe she phoned Ethan. I dailed Ethan's number. "Hello?" "Ethan has Ava called you?" "No, what is wrong? What happened?" I don't have time for this. "We had an argument last night she left and she is still gone and she left her phone. Don't worry I will find her." "She has an apartment in New York I'll text you the details." He hung up. She has an apartment here why didn't she tell me.

Ava's phone began to ring. "Ava is that you? I'm sorry please come home and I will explain. Hello?" "Ava never wants to talk you again." No, how could this get any worse. "Josh if you hurt her I swear..." "Oh like you hurt her. That isn't going to happen." "Where is she? What have you done to her?" "She is at my home sleeping and I didn't do anything that she didn't allow. I should thank you because you sent her right into my arms." He hung up.

****

"What do you mean he isn't in the system? He escaped custody back in Portland." "If that is the case he has to appear if front of a court. It looks like the charges against him have been dropped by an Adelya Anderson." What has she done? He is threatening her that must be it. "When was the charges dropped?" "Between three four days ago." This doesn't make any sense. "Thank You officer." I walked out of the police station and climbed in my car. She is somewhere in this city with a psycho and I don't know where she is. Frustrated I drove back home, maybe she would come back home.

It is almost night. I knew the chance was zero that she would come home but still I hoped. I kept starring at the ring. It was made for her. I was suppose to sweep her of her feet and propose to her. It was all planed for tomorrow. The day would have started with breakfast in bed then I would have blind fold her and take her to a special place where we would have danced and later we would eat dinner and I would have proposed. I threw it all away. She hates me now she asked me one thing and I broke the promise.

Knock. Knock. Knock. Ava I thought. I rushed to the door and opened it. "Ava I am so sorry... Ethan what are you doing here?" he walked passed me into the house. I closed the door. "I will give you one chance only one. What happened between you and Ava." I can see his fisted clenched his knuckles almost white. He is very angry and I can't blame him. "...Well we broke up and..." I hear Ava's phone ring. "Hello? Ava is that you? I am so sorry please come home." "No, you were probably too wasted last night to remember what I said and I doubt that your fling gave you the message so here goes. Don't ever talk to me ever again. Don't call me. Don't come and see me. I never want to see you again." She was about to cry I could hear it. "I am sorry please you don't have to come home I could book a hotel room for you. I just want you to be save..."

Ethan took the phone from me and put it on loud speaker. "Ava where are you? Dale told me you left last night it looks like you didn't take anything just give me a place or address then I could bring you some clothing." "It is fine. I'm fine. When did you come?" "I came as soon as I heard you left. What happened?" He looks at me with hateful eyes. "I decided that we were not made for each other and last night we argued about something stupid I can't remember now and broke up." He let out a breath. "Okay where are you now I could pick you up and I could take you to your apartment. I promise that you won't see Dale." "No, it is fine but could you do me a favour?" "Yes, anything." "After you put me off loud speaker could you bring my clothing to my house in Portland?" "Okay but where are you?" "I am on my way home see you in a while." She hung up.

Ava's POV

I woke up in a bed. Josh must have carried me to bed. I walk through the apartment and found Josh looking up at the ceiling. "Hey." He sat up straight. "Hey how are you feeling?" "Like everything is upside down." "Sorry that was a stupid question." "It is alright." "It is lunch time,  is there anything you want to eat?" "No, I'm fine. I just want to go home can you please book me a ticked back home." "Sure. I know you don't like wearing the same clothing or dirty clothing twice so I put some clothing that I think would fit you in the bathroom." He points to the bathroom. "Thank you." I walk to the bathroom and close the door. Memories of my first night at Dale's house flood my brain.

I hear a knock at the door. "Ava are you alright you have been in there for more than an hour." What I couldn't have been in here for so long. "Cover up I'm coming in." Before I could say wait he opened the door and looked at me. He lifted my head gently and looked me in my eyes. "You are too pail you are a bit dehydrated. You are going to eat now and get something in your body. Can you walk?" "Yes, I'm dehydrated not paralyzed." I stood and walked behind Josh to the Kitchen. "Our plane tickets are booked for tonight eight pm." "Our tickets?" I asked with my brow lifted. "Yes, I am not going to leave you alone while you are in this state, when you are better I'll leave." "So you are going to babysit me?" "Yes, when you put it like that. Look I don't want to argue with you right now so just accepts it." "Okay fine."

Standing in front of a pay phone because I left my phone at Dale's place. Taking a deep breath and dial my phone number because I knew he is watching it. He almost answered immediately. I almost started crying when I heard his voice. His voice was filled with worry, sorrow and sadness. He asked where I am that he is sorry and that he wants me to come home to him. I said no and gave him the message of last night. He then offered to pay for a hotel room to keep me save I was about to end the call when I heard Ethan's voice.

"Ava where are you? Dale told me you left last night it looks like you didn't take anything just give me a place or address then I could bring you some clothing." If I tell him what happened he will break Dale and sent him to the hospital and I don't want that so I lied. "It is fine. I'm fine. When did you come?" "I came as soon as I heard you left. What happened?" I will tell him later but I can't right now. "I decided that we were not made for each other and last night we argued about something stupid I can't remember now and broke up."I hear him letting out a breath. He put me on speaker. "Okay where are you now I could pick you up and I could take you to your apartment. I promise that you won't see Dale." I don't know why but I smiled at his sentences maybe because it was a lie. "No, it is fine but could you do me a favour?" "Yes, anything." "After you put me off loud speaker could you bring my clothing to my house in Portland?" "Okay but where are you?" He sounded worried and disappointed. "I am on my way home see you in a while."I hung up a boarded the plane with Josh.