I broke my promise

The school has every year a production that the senior are in charge off. We all had our part to play. Haha we were going to preform. The phantom of the opera but with a twist. I was Raoul de Chaqny and Ava was the one who read our line's to us if we forget. On performance night Katherine who played Christine's sister was so sick she couldn't even speak so Ava stepped up in her place. Opening screen she sang starships by Nicki Minaj. We were all so shocked. She has a beautiful voice and she rapped.

Dale's POV

It felt like Ethan and I couldn't get to the hospital fast enough. When we got there the doctor is waiting for us. He took us to her. She was just laying there with the oxygen tubes in her nose, her head had a bandage wrapped around it and her heart monitor is low. "The police wants' to talk to us. I know you want to be by her side Dale I do too but we have to talk to them." I follow Ethan outside the room. "Afternoon gentleman as soon as you answers a few question then you can go. Do you know this man?" The officer held up a picture of Josh. "Yes, that is Josh Mendes. He has been stalking her." Ethan answered. "Why did he do this? Was he the one who drove into her?" I was shaking with anger. I swear I am going to kill him. "He was in the car with her." "What?" Ethan and I said instantaneously. "Do you have prove of the stalking?" Now I am really mad. "She has three restraining orders against him." I turn to Ethan. "Go, I'll handle this."

It has been three hours she hasn't moved once. I'm holding her hand. When an older woman came in. "How is Adelya?" "Still the same as I got here." She took a chair and sat down next to me. "I hate seeing my daughter like this. Do you know what happened?" "No, all I know is that Josh had something to do with it he was with her in the car." I say staring at Ava. "Is he here?" "Yes, he has two police officers outside his room. They are there to keep him in and me out." My fist's knuckles turning white. She puts her hand on my shoulder. "Please don't go and do something stupid. She needs you now. I really wanted to meet you but not like this. Not with her in that state." The doctor came in. "Mrs Anderson, Mr Cunningham I want to talk to you about Ava?" My stomach took a turn.

"The police found CCTV footage of Ava." The starts playing the video. "That is part of why she hasn't woken up yet. She had a heart attack and with the trauma on her head. We are still trying to determine the cause of burse on her collarbone but she is out of danger." The memories of this morning came flooding my mind. "That is not a burse. It is an uhm a love bite." The awkward silence is killing me. "She said music calms her down is it alright if I play her some?" "I don't see why not, just not too loud we have other patients as well."

Ava's POV

I know you're always on the night shift
but I can't stand these nights alone
and I don't need no explanation
'Cause baby, you're the boss at home

You don't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work
But you gotta put in work, work, work, work, work, work, work
You don't gotta go to work, work, work, work, work, work, work
Let my body do the work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work
We can work from home, oh, oh, oh oh

I woke up too Work from home. My head hurts. I look around the hospital room. Dale is holding my hand tightly while he is asleep. I squeeze it softly. What happened? Dale opens his eyes and looks at me. "Ava thank goodness you are awake. How are you feeling? Should I go and call the doctor?" "No, don't. I'm fine my head just hurts. What time is it? What happened?" "It is quarter to five in the morning." He said looking at his watch. "You were in a car accident. You don't remember what happened?" "No, I just remember this morning. Did we?" "No, we suspect that Josh tried to kidnap you. He was driving your car." "Josh? Is he here?" "Yes, he is also in the hospital but don't worry he has 24 hour police offenses outside his room to keep him from escaping and me from killing him." "I want to talk to him. I have to ask him why." "No, I'm not letting you go near that psycho." "Please I need to know why he did it. Please." "Okay but I am coming with you." "It is fine." "Okay I will go and get the doctor."

Josh's POV

I am cuffed to a bed, the police are outside my door and the doctors are not telling me how Ava is. "Doc please tells me is Ava alright? Did I hurt her?" "You deserve everything that is coming to you. What did she ever do to you? I hope you rot in prison." The doctor left. It can't end like this. She can't be dead. She has to know the truth. I hear people talking outside. Then the door opens and Dale walks in. "She is dead. You murdered Ava!" he screams. His eyes are red. "NO, please no, you are lying." Please no, she can't be dead. He walks over to me. "She is and you killed her. Now I am going to kill you." He starts choking me hitting me in my face. My face is bleeding, I can't breathe now he is crushing my ribs. I was waiting for the final blow when he stopped. "You deserve to live with the fact that you killed Ava so I am not going to kill you." He turns around and walks out and the doctor walks in again.

Dale's POV

I feel her hand squeeze mine. She is awake. "Ava thank goodness you are awake. How are you feeling? Should I go and call the doctor?" I was worried sick. "No, don't. I'm fine my head just hurts. What time is it? What happened?" "It is quarter to five in the morning." I said looking at my watch. She doesn't remember. "You were I a car accident. You don't remember what happened?" "No, I just remember this morning. Did we?" Her cheeks got a bit redder. "No, we suspect that Josh tried to kidnap you. He was driving your car." Just my mentioning his name makes my blood boil. Her eyes go's wide. "Josh? Is he here?" "Yes, he is also in the hospital but don't worry he has 24 hour police officers outside his room to keep him from escaping and me from killing him." "I want to talk to him. I have to ask him why." What? Why? "No, I'm not letting you go near that psycho." "Please I need to know why he did it. Please."I hate seeing her beg. "Okay but I am coming with you." "It is fine." "Okay I will go and get the doctor." There is no way I am letting her go near that bastard ever again. "Doctor I need to talk to you." "Is something wrong?" "Yes, I need you to give a sedative to Ava because she thinks I am Josh. She also had a nightmare" "That is not good."

Now that Ava is sleeping. I can have a talk to Josh. The police are changing shifts. "You have five minutes." "Thank you." I open his door and enter. "She is dead. You murdered Ava!" I screamed. "NO, please no, you are lying." This is the only way I can keep him from ever hurting Ava again. I walk over to his bed. "She is and you killed her. Now I am going to kill you." I start choking him and hitting him in his face hard. His face is bleeding. He is choking and I am breaking every rib he has. My hands are shaking I need to stop before I kill him. "You deserve to live with the fact that you killed Ava so I am not going to kill you." I turn around and walk out. I wash the blood of my hand. My knuckles are bleeding. I slid down to the ground and cover my face with my hands, I took a breath and come my hair with my hands. "I am sorry Katherine. I am sorry. Sorry I broke my promise to you." My eyes filling with tears. I broke my promise. The one I swear I would keep, the promise I made at your grave.