FIVE|FILTH

"How many times have I told you!"

"Sorry" I mumbled, averting my eyes to the ground in submission, because that's how he liked it, when I was submissive.

"Sorry isn't good enough!" Daniel yelled,

Sorry wasn't good enough
But that's all he ever said when he struck me, I was only ever consoled by him saying 'sorry' or 'I didn't mean it, I love you.'

But he didn't love me, that's the sad part, because even though I know that Daniel didn't truly love me, I was head over heals for him.

He was the only affection I had ever known, yes he had flaws, but so did everybody else.

His flaws were just worse then other people's,

His flaws were that his anger came in waves, he hit, he screamed.

At times, Daniel really did scare me.

But at others, sometimes... I believed him when he told me that he loved me, but only for a brief moment before the abuse began.

"I didn't mean to!" I protested, I could see that The full brunt of Daniel's rage was fast approaching, his face red and fists clenched white.

My face snapped to the side at the force of his slap, my hands gripping my cheek, desperate for some sort of relief from the pain.

"Don't." He spat through gritted teeth, "I'm fed up of  all your excuses!"

I stayed silent, holding back the tears that began to brim in my eyes, threatening to spill over.

-Revealing my misery.

"Just get in the fucking car." Daniel snapped, slamming the truck for behind him as he got in the drivers side, I climbed into the passengers side, Daniel always drove me to work, he refused to let me  catch lifts with anyone else or even walk, despite the face that the diner was only 2 blocks away.

He always said it was because, 'He didn't trust me enough.'

He didn't even trust me enough to let me walk 2 whole blocks.

Why he didn't trust me, I didn't know. I knew it wasn't because he was worried about my health, I suspected t was more to do with the fact that he was scared of me meeting up with other males.

He was always paranoid about that sort of thing.

The brief car journey was filled with an awkward silence, me still clutching my swollen cheek, and desperately trying to conceal it with makeup in the car mirror.

"Get out." Daniel said, his jaw clenched as we pulled up into the diners parking lot, and I briskly clambered out of the car, shutting the door behind me.

"Bye." I called, as Daniel drove away,
-no reply as usual.

"Amora! Your late!" Tamsin screached through the front doors of the diner,

"Sorry, Too much traffic," I lied, as I entered the building.

Tamsin looked at me for a minute through narrowed eyes, as if to reside whether I was telling the truth or not.

"Whatever." She said, turning away. Obviously satisfied with my vague answer.

I had become a brilliant liar over the years I had been with Daniel, -I was always able to convince people that I had gained bruises through walking into walls or doors.

That's why I was dubbed, the clumsy one in the diner.

"Table number four ready to order." Someone shouted from the depths of the kitchen, and I headed out to take the customers orders.

My face lit up with a smile when I was Jack sitting at table number four,

"Amora! How are you? He greeted, but his face soon fell as he caught a glimpse of my face.

I was certain I had concealed my bruised cheek, though the swelling was still visible.

"What happened?" He said, a mortified look on his face.

"I walked into a door," I said, smiling slightly, gritting my teeth through the pain as though it hurt to smile.

"Amora, it's no use lying to me," Jack said, his face stern, "Now tell me how you really got it."

I ignored his question, completely brushing it off as though he never spoke, "Are you ready to order?" I asked, clicking my pen against my notepad.

Jack furrowed his eyebrows at me slightly, an unreadable expression on his face. He looked saddened, but also slightly angry...

I always seemed to make everybody angry, no matter how hard I tried.

"Just the usual." He mumbled, though his eyes seemed to cloud over as if he were deep in thought.

"Okay," I said, plastering on a smile, I turned to walk away but was stopped when a hand grabbed my wrist.

"Amora." Jack loosened his hold of my wrist, but didn't let go, "I know he hurts you."

My breath caught in my throat, and my heart ceased to beat.

In that moment, if felt like time stood still.
Until my body began to function again,
My heart beating at an out of control pace, my palms sweating profusely.

I dragged in a breath, my lungs rattling and shaking under the emended pressure of the situation.

I stayed silent, like a dear in the headlights.
Wide eyes, frozen in position.

"I know he does." Jack pushed, his eyes gaining a glassy sheen and his grip tightening for a brief moment, before he let go of my hand altogether,

"-And let me promise you one thing, once the Alpha finds out, Daniel will never lay a hand upon you ever again."

***
Enjoying MY AMORA?
If so why not check out my other books?
WARNING: most of my books are pretty dark and will contain sexual content!
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟