FORTYONE|FEMININITY

Without a word he grabbed my wrist, I didn't miss how he refused to touch my skin, part of me wished he would

Without a word he grabbed my wrist, I didn't miss how he refused to touch my skin, part of me wished he would. It begged for his touch, screamed for it . The part of me that thought that his touch was worth the pain, worth the burning torrent of inferno that raged inside of me.

I suppressed the coiling regret that warped itself like a serpent around my heart, I shouldn't have told him.  Would he think of me differently now? Would he not want me anymore. My chest clenched, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. As Daniel always said, nobody wants somebody else's used property.
The thought of that monster I had once loved sent a pang of anger, hurt and even betrayal through my chest.

They would pay. They would all pay.

He led me down a dark hallway, where the wood floors and finely painted walls turned to stone.
The dungeons were cold and dank and smelled like decay. I wondered how many people had met their end down here. I followed him silently, I didn't dare ask where we were going, part of me didn't want to know.

The less rational part of my self asked weather he would he lock me down here and leave me to rot. Foolish, he would never do that to me, the other half of myself actually trusted Greyson, maybe that was the foolish half.
I would have to wait to find out.

Guttural cries echoed down the empty hallway, a thousand agonies ricochet off the stone walls into bloodied, repentant ears. A shiver crawled down my spine, what sort of cruelty would illicit such pain.

A man I supposed was a guard, with a dagger sheathed at the hilt and a heavy looking gun in his hands opened the door to reveal the half shadow of what once was a man.

I almost didn't see him he seemed to small, his presence diminished into nothingness. He now lay, bloodied and beaten against the wall with thick silver chains curled around his chest and ankles. It took me a long time to realise who the man before me was.

A sick feeling curled and twisted in the pit of my stomach as the realisation dawned on me.

If there was a hell in this damned world, Daniel looked as though he had been there and back.

There were no chains around his wrists for as to my horror there were no hands left to fasten. All that remained were two bloodied stumps wrapped in torn and stained cloth.

"He will never lay a hand on anyone ever again." Greyson hissed. I didn't know how to feel. I wanted to feel sad, I wanted to feel angry, I wanted to grief the loss of someone I once loved.

But I couldn't.
Trust me I tried, but I just couldn't bring myself to feel.
It wasn't that my body was shutting the emotions out, like sometimes when someone has been shot or stabbed, they don't even realise until after because their body shuts out the pain.

No, this was different.

Daniels mutilation didn't evoke and feelings of sorrow within me. Instead it created something else, something burning and red. It swole my chest and threatened a smirk to my lips. I held it back. Instead I let the only word I would muster fill the silence between us.
"Good."

I knew Greyson was looking at me, but I didn't dare return his gaze. I couldn't tear my eyes away from Daniel who now looked up at me with haunted eyes that were sinful shades of black and purple. The fight had long gone out of him, leaving behind this hollow shell of a man..

I watched as he tried to speak, his lips moved but only a small gurgling noise came from them and a single droplet of blood crawled downwards from the corner of his mouth, and the insides of his lips were stained red with blood.

"What is he doing?" I asked, staring back at the man blankly. I didn't care for him anymore. No feeling surfaced apart from gratitude to Greyson for doing what I had dreamed about for many nights.

"He's trying to talk." He deadpanned, his lip rising in a slight snarl.

"Well.. why can't he?" I furrowed my brow as Daniel continued to mouth and gurgle.

Greyson's eyes darkened in a way that made my core clench with familiar warmth.
"I cut out his tongue."

***
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟