TWENTYTWO|SILENCE

I crawled down the rough bark until I was about six feet off the ground before I jumped

I hit the ground running, a renewed feeling to urgency settling heavy upon my chest.
I ran until the trees grew sparse and the earth beneath my feet turned to hard concrete.

I slowed, as the buildings grew thick and plentiful. Lush green woodland became a concrete jungle.

I tried to stop my self from panting, the people around me were casually dressed and going about their normal lives. A large grey mall rose above the other buildings, the words West Quay stood proud against the modern exterior.

I knew this city, I couldn't remember the name nor when I had been there before.. but something about it just felt like home.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans as I stepped toward the mall. People moved monotonously amongst one another, some talking animatedly on phones, others sat on benches, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee.

I followed the flow of people into the large building. Shops lined the walls, bright colours and expensive clothes, a luxury Daniel would never let me even lay eyes on before. -But now nobody was here to hold me back.

I wondered aimlessly amongst the shops for hours until my eyes grew heavy and my feet began to ache. I roamed the dark streets looking for something, anything. I hadn't planned this far ahead as to where I would sleep. Part of me though that they would have found me by now, part of me even hoped they had. Maybe it would've been better than the dark, substance drunk eyes that followed me now. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to ward of the chill that was beginning to settle over the once lively town.

I had nothing except the clothes on my back and the eleven dollars and forty two cents I had in my pocket.

I needed to sleep, I was going to try and find rest on the doorway of a shop or a bench, but I couldn't shake the feeling of eyes watching me.

I looked around. I wished that I hadn't. I almost cried out in pain as a bolt of lightning shot through the wound in my shoulder as my eyes met his. A figure huddled in the darkness of an alleyway. Piercing grey eyes shone through the black of the night.
He made no move to follow me, he didn't need to. I was already captured in his hatful glare.
I was in danger. This was not a safe place.

I turned to run, but fell straight into the hard chest of another man. His hands were cold as he grasped my arms and his breathe smelled like must and mildew. "Alright there darling, you look lost." He smiled a cynical smile with what little teeth he had left, the few remaining were black and rotted. I felt sick, I wanted to throw up, I wanted to get away, I tried to pull my wrist from his grasp but he just held me tighter.

"Let go!" I cried. I screamed as he pulled me into the darkness of another alleyway. This city was a rabbit Warren, and I had just been dragged into the monsters den, there was no escape now.

I was thrown into a corner, my head smacked against brick and stone.
"Be quiet now darling, this'll only hurt for a second." He pulled out a rusted blade, and made a move to cut me, to cut my neck, instead  the silver length swiped my shoulder, a few inches below my bite. I hissed and spat, the feral and animalistic part of me coming out, the part that was raw and primal. I cry more guttural and desperate than I could have ever imagined to come from myself left my lips and within a second the man was ripped off of me.

Something more animal like than myself had replied to my cry. A beast of the night, a creature far more terrifying then I could've imagined. I couldn't tell if it was truly a beast or a man. A flash of Grey eyes was all that I saw under the heavily guarded veil of the night.

My body grew weary and my eyes became heavy. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears and feel it in my veins.

I felt like I levitated, I flew for miles and miles until I landed in a pit of clouds.  I left this place of darkness and found one of light. The light was so bright, it burned my skin and blinded my eyes. I felt as though thousand of bugs were crawling out of the wound on my shoulder, I tried to grab at them, I clawed at them until my fingers became numb and the taste of blood filled my mouth.

And then... there was silence.

***
Omg I'm going to see Lewis Capaldi live on tuesday😁💗
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟