THIRTYFOUR|BOUND

Greyson wouldn't say anymore, lips pursed firmly, face stoic and cold

My shoulder ached more than ever tonight, the veins darker than ever. Maybe it was time, or at least close to it.

I lay away in bed for what felt like hours, staring up at the sterile white ceiling, greying in the darkness.

Minutes bled into hours bled into days bled into weeks. I had been laying there for years.

I sighed, sitting up. Reality was I wouldn't be sleeping tonight. I sat on the edge of the bed holding my head in my hands.

Questions flittered through my mind like thousand birds in a cage, begging for the answers that would release them and set them free.

I wondered where my mate was, what they were doing right now. What they looked like?

Did they even know I existed?
Did they even care?

I knew I was lying to myself, I knew the real reason I couldn't sleep wasn't the pain of the bite.

I couldn't get his face out of my mind, and I felt awful for it. I had never known that grey could be a bright colour until I saw his eyes.

I decided to take a cold shower, cold enough to freeze my thoughts and numb my mind.

I undressed, peeling my clothes away from the sheen of sweat that lingered on my hot skin. I grit my teeth as I pulled my shirt over my shoulder. It was getting more painful, it had never hurt this bad before.

I stepped under the icy bullets that bit into my skin like frozen daggers.

Worse than the cold that pelted down upon my skin was the heat that pricked in my eyes.

I let the tears fall, hard and fast.

I didn't even really know why I was crying. Maybe it was the hole in my chest that felt as though I had swallowed a fire, it was more than just a feeble ache in my shoulder. The pain came and went in waves, thick and unforgiving they crashed over me until I was screaming, clawing at the surface but still I was drowning, blinded by the pain.

And then there was light.
The door burst open and in came a tall figure.

"Greyson." I whispered through my cage of pain.

No, not Greyson.

His hair was slightly lighter, and his features sharper.

He pulled me from the shower floor, onto his lap as we sat on the cold stone tiles of the bathroom floor. He grabbed a soft grey towel, wrapping it around me as I began to shake. Once I started I couldn't stop.

I buried my tear stained face in Noah's chest, letting the ebbing waves sooth me. He smelled like whiskey and metal, a harsh contrast in the night air.

"It hurts," I sobbed. "Noah it hurts."

"Shh." He cooed, his low voice bring back memories of our last time together. "I know, I know.."

Whiskey, white lies and hurt.

He ran a finger over the bite, a blossoming warmth began to spread over me, dulling the pain.

"How did you do that?" I whispered.

"Your body craves me. My touch. My warmth." He smiled darkly. "It's the bond."

A creeping cold crawled down my spine. My voice was shaky, as I croaked, "What."

Greyson invaded my mind, his eyes, his scent, his words.

A fake mate.

It clicked. I wished it hadn't.

"You!" I gasped.

He smirked and cocked his head, a devilish grin revealing straight white teeth and pointed canines. "Me?"

"It was you!" I said wearily, "Wasn't it!"

He faked innocence, "I don't know what you're talking about?"

Anger clawed at my chest, red and hot. I wanted to scream. I wanted to hit him.
I wanted to hit his face. So I did.

The slap echoed off the marble walls, sharp and resonating. His head flew to the side.

He tested his jaw, running a callused palm down his cheek. "I deserved that."

I shoved myself away from him, clutching the towel tightly to my chest. "It's all your fault." I hissed. "It's all your fucking fault!"

"Don't act like you don't love it. That's all you've ever wanted isn't it?" He stepped closer, his menacingly dark eyes boring holes of darkness like bullets into my soul. I really hoped he wasn't implying what I thought he was. A hot pool of rage bubbled within me, just below the surface it simmered.
"What are you talking about." I growled. Now I was the beast.
Until he lit the match and it exploded.

"Someone to love you." He jeered, taking another step closer than I matched with one back until my backside pressed against the bathroom counter. "Your parents didn't." Another step. "Daniel didn't." Another.

"Get away from me!" I cried, trying to push his strong form away but it was no use. It was a dangerous game of cat and mouse, and I was the mouse. He could kill me at any second without hesitation, and judging by the dark look in his eye I wouldn't put it past him.

His hard body pressed against me as he loses his head to the crook of my neck. Disgust ate away at my skin, it crawled with the thought of him. I turned my head to the side, not even daring to look him in the eye. "You smell so good."

What the actual fuck.

I tried to catch him off guard, by kicking him in the groin, but blocked me with ease, tutting and shoving his face closer. "Oh, I love a feisty one."

I whispered as his tongue darted out and ran along the length of the bite. My legs turned to jelly, though not from fear. From pleasure.

I was gripped by a completely new type of fear. It terrified my how good it felt.

***
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟