THIRTYONE|COLD

His silver eyes sparked with sadness

For a pregnant moment it seemed as though even the air around us held its breath. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. Even if I could I didn't know what I would say.

Sometimes silence is the best answer.
His usually stony countenance was crumbling, walls falling down the reveal the hurt underneath.

The air left my lungs leaving me running on empty, I tried to focus on the burning in my chest rather than the pain in my heart. Why did I feel this way?

He closed the distance between us, wrapping his strong arms around me. "I thought you were dead." In that moment nothing else mattered. A dull burn settled wherever he touched, I ignored it. "We all did." For a second I was frozen, but soon my body relaxed into his. I couldn't help but think that I fit to his chest so perfectly. The dull burn was slowly growing, simmering and growing hotter and hotter by the second.

What was going on?

The cold air shocked me back to reality when he let me go, my heart ached for the absence of his warmth, though glad for the missing fire.

"I can take her from here. Thank you Theos." Greyson nodded to the mountain of a man.
Though, seeing them so close together Greyson was probably the same height, I guess I never saw him as much a threat so his size never mattered.
He must've been atleast 6'4.

He dwarfed my average 5'7 frame, making me feel like a baby in the palm of a giant.

I was ushered toward a black car, someone already sat in the passenger side.
Reality dawning on me was a horrid feeling. How had I been so feeble minded. The last time I had seen Greyson was that night with Noah..
All I remembered from that night were picture like snapshots.

Whiskey. Kiss. Greyson.

A horrid series of mistakes.
And now Greyson has come to take me back.
He was probably one of them too, a beast.

I pulled away from him with a deep frown on my face, he stopped, staring at me in confusion.

I worked up every bit of courage I could muster, I heard when I was young that you were never supposed to look a dangerous dog in the eye, in a way, that was exactly what I was doing. I already knew the answer deep down, I just needed confirmation.

"What are you?"

His eyes scanned my face, he looked at me as though I were a puzzle he just couldn't figure out. "You know." He deadpanned. "You've seen it for yourself."