THIRTYSEVEN|MINDBODYSOUL

For days I cried

For days I cried. I shut myself in my room only leaving occasionally for food when the cramp in my stomach became too painful to sleep.

I saw Noah once in the three days I spent locked away in my room. He tried to catch my eye across the dining table, I stared down at my food, as I cut the meat I imagined my knife in his throat.

This distance allowed me to hate him, the bond was weaker from a fair. I was a reck, reverting right back to the way I was before Greyson. Bloodied and beaten but this time my wounds were all in my mind and somehow it was far worse this way. I knew how to heal superficial cuts and scrapes.. how would I even begin to heal my mind from the pain Noah gave me.

Daniel hurt me but Noah... Noah broke me.
I had never felt like this before.. I felt dirty, like I had been ruined no matter how hard I scrubbed my skin until it was red and bled.

A gentle knock on the door pulled me from my crippling loneliness. Wiping the last traces of tears from my red rimmed eyes and hoping I didn't look completely horrific I turned from the window to face the door. "Come in."

I hated the way disappointment settled in my stomach at the sight of Emery, Greyson's third in line, or something like that... I hadn't seen her in weeks.

"God, you look awful." She gasped, coming to sit beside me on the window seat.

"Thanks." I muttered, rubbing at my eyes.

"What happened to you?" She peered at me through thick black lashes and perfect furrowed brows. "You look like you've been hit by a truck."

Flattering.

"Allergies." I tried to sneeze, grabbing another tissue from the almost empty box.

"Oh." She sighed. "Forgot humans got those. Is there anything I can get you to help?"

"Not really, I've already downed enough medication to kill a horse." The lie came casually. I thought back to the time one of my school friends, I couldn't even remember her name, just her bright red hair and infectious smile telling me that "Strict parents just create sneaky kids." It was true.

"That sucks." She mused. "But Greyson told me to come and get you for training."

I blanched. "Training?"

"Yeah?" She said as though I were stupid. "Greyson said you should start training with the rest of us, in case anything were to happen."

I groaned, "Do I have to?"

"Only if you want to live."

***

Half an hour later the puffiness in my eyes had subsided considerably as I walked through the open field to were the others were standing, the sun beating down mercilessly upon us. I tugged my Nike pros down, subconscious at their short length. The moment Greyson laud his eyes on me I felt hyper aware of every inch of my skin that was exposed.

I just wore the clothes that Emery gave me. She was the one to blame for my shorts and tank top over a sports bra.

Every female before me wore varying outfits of similar attire but still... they were all werewolves, created to be the epitome of physical fitness, leaving me feeling highly self conscious among the crowd of bronzed goddesses.

I was just... well, me.
-Your average human.

He didn't seem to think so, my skin burned under his fiery glare, scrutinising every inch of my exposed body. I bristled, the fine hairs on the back of my neck and arms standing on end. My fight or flight responses kicking in at the predator practically licking his lips as he eyed me up and down. I stood there awkwardly, people turning around to see what had caught their Alpha's attention.

"Amora." He said in his sinfully sonorous voice. "I'm glad you've finally decided to join us, Emery will be helping you train today."

I nodded and turned to Emery, Greyson said a few more words before the crowd dispersed, people going off in pairs.

I watched from the corner of my eye as the males began to spar. Taught muscles rippling around finely tuned bodies, every contour and plane illuminated in the sunlight. I didn't mean to catch his dark glare, but when I did I almost lost my footing, my knees grew weak from just one look.

"Amora? Are you even listening?" Emery waved and hand in front of my face.

"Huh.. Oh um no not really." I blushed, dragging and hand over my forehead in embarrassment.

Emery showed me basic defence moves and how to throw a proper punch, but all the time I wondered why I wasn't allowed to spar. I mean I know I had no clue what I was doing but how was I meant to know if I was doing it properly if no one tried to punch me?

"Emery." I said. "Hit me."

She blanched back, glancing either side for anyone listening in. "What?"

"I want you to hit me."

"Amora... I cant.." She frowned, staring at me in confusion at my odd request.

"Please, I'll never know if I'm any good at this if I don't spar."

"Amora you don't understand, Greyson said-" she was cut off mid sentence by a booming voice from directly behind me, how hadn't I noticed him?

"-I said if any of them so much as laid a hand on you I would tear it off, just like I did to that boyfriend of yours."

***
Any thoughts? Theories?
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟