TEN|HEART

Love didn't exist

Love didn't exist.
At least not in my world.

The emotion locked deep beneath a marred heart.

The thorns of loss pulled tight until the once supple organ became taught and unrecognisable with the bitterness that flowed through my veins, tainting my body black with the darkness that consumed me.

Depression, that's what they called it.

A word used to describe those feeling depressed or saddened.

A word overused.

My heart was a shattered glass, held together by nothing but thorns.

The tighter they coiled,
The more I broke,
The more it hurt.

***

Because everything hurt in this world.
It was unavoidable.
Everybody had to get hurt sometime.

Some more then others.

Mother always told me 'Don't you cry when you're down.'
But there was a tear every time that I blinked.

He left me in pieces. He tore me apart.
But a heart that is broken is a heart that has been loved.

The floor was cold, but my heart felt colder.
Empty and aching.

The wound on my shoulder began to throb. A dull pain, that slowly spread to the rest of my body.

Scarlet blood seeped from my shoulder, staining my clothes with the rich red colour and draining my body of energy. The urge to sleep hit me like a truck. My eyes fluttering to stay awake as a lone bird sawed through the nights sky above me.

My head fell back against the diners door, my body going limp from lack of strength. My eyes staring blankly ahead, but my vision was blurred by the gentle tears that rolled down my cheeks.

A twig snapped somewhere close by, but I couldn't bring myself to look. Maybe it was the beast, here to finish me off.
-Maybe I wanted him too.

Maybe I didn't want to live anymore.
To live in a world without someone to love.
-A world without someone who loved me.

It would be an empty world.

"Shit." Cursed a voice, deep and rugged, "Amora?"

A face came into view. Vaguely familiar, but my mind couldn't quite process who the figure clouded in darkness could be. But his voice sent shivers down my spine.

Strong arms wrapped around me, lifting me until I felt myself pressed against a muscled chest. I let out a small cry as my shoulder was jolted, but the pain quickly faded back into a dull ache.

Where ever our skin made contact felt as though it were on fire, painfully hot, the sudden sensation bringing some feeling back to my numb body. I had lost too much blood, I must be hallucinating.

The scent of copper blood was pungent in the air, my own no doubt.

Feet thudded on fallen leaves as my body swayed slightly with the motion.

It was too late.
I was already drowning in the darkness.

***

"Where were you!"

My cheek stung, and my eyes welled with tears.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed, "It won't happen again."

"You were with a boy weren't you!" He growled, "You little whore!"

"No! Dad! I wasn't with anyone!"

His eyes turned dark and his face contorted with anger. Thick fingers wrapped around my neck, and the back of my head collided with the wall with a horrific crack.

"Don't you fucking lie to me!" He screamed, flecks of spit landing on my face, "You want to act like a whore? Then I'll treat you like one! You're just like your mother!"

"Stop," I spluttered, his fingers tightening around my throat as he lifted me until my toes barely scraped against the ground. My fingers clawing desperately at his throat. "I can't breathe,"

Then as suddenly as his fingers found me, they left. I collapsed to the floor, hands scrambling for my throat and gasping in deep and greedy breaths.

"Please, dad... I can explain." I choked.

"Stop calling me that!" He bellowed, his fingers tearing at the roots of his hair.
"I am not your fucking father!"

***
I'm so sorry for the late update and the short chapter but I have started my GCSE syllabuses and I have recently bought a horse as well, so updates won't be regular, and I will just update whenever I have time too. But wattpad is my hobby and not my job so updates will be at least once a month.
Sorry😬😬
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟