TWENTY|WHISKEY

Twenty eight days

Twenty eight days.
That's how long it took me.

Twenty eight days was the time it took to realise what I had seen that night.  A wolf, and... Greyson.

I was loosing my mind to think that they were one and the same.

But deep down I knew what I had seen. I knew that Greyson wasn't what he seemed, he wasn't to be trusted.

The truth was, I surrounded by Lycanthropes. Half man half wolf, a beast. Just like the one that bit me all those weeks ago in the woods...
What if...

What if the creature that bit me was Greyson. No, he wouldn't do that... or at least I hoped he wouldn't. The truth was, I didn't know Greyson, or any of the people here for that matter.

None of them were to be trusted, but especially Greyson.

Wolves in sheeps clothing.

These past weeks I had nothing to do, and I wasn't about to let my own thought and fears drive me insane in my room.

Yes I was surrounded by monster at ever waking moment in this place, but they hadn't hurt me before and as far as they knew I was still oblivious to the fur that lay dormant beneath their skin so why turn on me now?

I grabbed a glass from the kitchen, filling it with water and gulping it down greedily.

One hand braced the counter whilst the other held the glass to my lips.

How I wished this were whiskey.
It would be a lot easier to forget that way.

In a moment, the water grew to bland for what my tongue craved, and I found myself desperately searching the cupboard for something stronger.

Nothing.

Greyson. I saw a bottle on one of the shelves in his office. It was on the top shelf, high up, but not unreachable.

It was the strong kind, the type that burned your throat and warmed your belly, just what I needed right now.

The hallways were empty, most people here were outside at this time, either in the woods or 'training.' Training for what, I didn't know.

His office was unlocked, and I shut the door quietly behind me.

Where was it?

It wasn't on the shelf that it was on before.
I frantically scanned the room for my liquid gold, but soon resorted to rummaging through his draws and cabinets.

I needed it.
I made sure to leave everything as I had found it, the last thing I needed was Greyson pissed at me, especially now that I knew what he was.

My finger began to shake as I searched. Where was it, I needed it and I needed it now.

If only Daniel could see me. He would be disappointed, look at me now. Craving the one thing that single handedly destroyed my family. My parents.

-My mother.

But the thought of that only made my need greater. A tear slipped down my cheek as I slammed the desk draw shut.

"Looking for this?" He drawled.

I spun around, I must have looked a complete mess.
A crying, messy haired, red faced mess.

-But Noah didn't care.

He slumped against the wall, sitting on the floor and motioning to the space next to him. "Come, sit."

I did as he said, maybe he was one of those wolf creatures too. A Lycan.

He took a drink from the bottle before offering it to me, I didnt hesitate. I grabbed the bottle a little more violently than I had meant to, pressing the glass to my lips and letting the fire spread down my throat and into my stomach.

I don't remember how much we drank. But we sat there on the floor, drinking whiskey and laughing at nothing for hours on end, attempting to drink the night away.
What I did remember however, was when I kissed him.

I wasn't thinking straight. It was a mistake.
It should never have happened.

But it did.

Before I could think about what I was doing, I found myself climbing onto his lap so that I was straddling him. "What are you doing?" He mumbled lowly, his voice was far too deep for me to handle.

I hesitated for a moment, would I regret this in the morning? Of course I would, but fuck it.
I slowly pressed my lips against his, he replied with a kiss just as toe curling as I had imagined. Everything about him was so much softer than I had imagined it to be, unlike his bother. I couldn't imagine anything gentle with Greyson.

My hands tangled their way around his neck and into his hair, tugging slightly. I pushed my chest against him, and the sparks ignited deep within my core when I felt just how much he was enjoying this.

His hands pulled at my hair, tilting my head back and exposing my neck to him, including the deep red scar at the base of my neck, the purple and green tendrils that crawled out from the bite, hidden beneath my top.

I let out a guttural moan as he left slow, open mouthed kisses down my throat. My fingers nails bit into his shoulders deep enough to leave marks when his tongue swiped over my bite mark.

Just a few weeks ago I thought I was dying, the thick veins beneath the scar turning colours that they shouldn't. But since I met Noah, something changed. They stopped growing, slowly shrinking until only a small spiders web of purple lines remained, easily hidden beneath a shirt.

"Noah." My whole body shook with pleasure, it took everything within me to refrain from screaming as his hand found its way to the top of my jeans, easily slipping inside, beneath every layer of clothing u till there was nothing between his hand as my core. Skin  on skin.

He stroked a finger along my entrance, and I had to press my head against his shoulder, unable to take it. It was somehow way too much yet at the same time entirely not enough. I wanted more, but the little amount that he was giving me was almost enough to break me.

His other hand pressed under my chin, forcing me to meet his eyes. "Please." I begged.

His mouth opened and he was about to speak, but a different voice came out, almost as thought it was form behind us. Thought I was way too drunk to notice. Noah did however, his entire face morphed, into one of sick satisfaction.

"Amora." The voice was so empty. So much more hollow than I even knew was possible and I instantly felt sick, a weight dropping into the pit of my stomach.

I knew who it was behind me.
I didn't get a chance to turn around however before my vision went black and I fell to the floor.

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟