TWENTYTHREE|TOXIC

I saw a man

I saw a man. So familiar and bright.
His silhouette was the only form in the world of darkness.

A dimly lit street, barren and bare except for him. He stood with his back to me, yet there wasn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind who he was.

I called his name. He didn't answer.

I called louder. No response.

My voice gradually rose until I was shouting, screaming even. Begging for him to answer me, to love me.

I cried out until my throat grew hoarse and  my voice cracked and broke.

A thousand hands wrapped around me, clawing and scratching at my skin. They were slowly dragging me backwards into the black abyss .

"Daniel!"

He threw me a glance over his shoulder, one that was not of love, a look that held no warmth and chilled me to my core.

With that he walked off and I was submerged in darkness.

***

I woke to the shivering of my bones, the rattle of cold lungs struggling in the early morning chill.

Every part of my body throbbed with a deep ache as I sat up. The hard stone below me was definitely not a comfortable place to sleep. I stretched my aching bones with a yawn but soon stopped when my shoulder screamed with pain.

I pulled my shirt away to reveal a horrid sight. Deep purple and black veins crawled like spider webs from the wound that had since healed into a thin white line, I had hoped that with the fading of the wolf's bite that the veins would fade too. I was wrong, it was only getting worse.

I needed to tell someone, anyone. But for now there was nothing I could do, so instead I tried my best to pretend like it wasn't there. -Like I wasn't slowly dying.

The day passed slowly, I wondered around the grey town and in and out of the mall, staring shop displays that I knew I could never have.
I sat by the fountain, running my hands through the cool water, imagining that it was cleaning me. Washing me clean until I came out a new woman, untouched and pure. I caught the glint of my reflection on the pale water, the bruises may have faded but the scars would always remain. I was still the same girl that was frightened of her father.
The girl that saw her mother lay dead before her.

I ran away from it all then, I ran away Grayson now.

I was still the same.

"Amora?" His voice sounded like a dream to me.

"Amora? Is that you?" I looked up, awakening from my wonder land stupor.

And there he stood, just as I had remembered him.

I didn't even hesitate as I threw my self at him. Clutching him as though we had never been separated. "Daniel." I whispered. A shiver ran down my spine as his warm breathe fanned against the back of my neck. He was tense at first but then relaxed into me, two bodies merging as one. "I thought I'd lost you." His voice was breathless as I felt.

He held me out at arms length, his eyes crawled down my body, taking in the changes to my appearance. "Come on, let's get you home."

***
Sorry for the really short chapter and horrid writing😬😬
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟