Ch. 15

"Excuse me?" Chris says

"You heard me. No guy would ever willingly go with her" Jaxon  smirks  "She obviously bribed you with something."

I look down; My eyes watering with unshed tears. I heard Chris' chair screeching against the floor. I didn't look up. If I looked at anyone, the tears will start flowing.

"She didn't bribe me. I chose to hang out with her because she is an amazing person to be with. What about you? Who bribed you to be such an asshole? Oh. Wait. You're just a natural born one, aren't you?" I heard him say

"Mate I'm not an asshole. I just speak the truth." Jaxon counters

"Truth my ass. You're a lying little-"

"Stop." I shakily spoke. I said that I was not going to be used. I am not going to be taken advantage of ever again.

I stand up and stood face to face with Jaxon. I unlocked my phone and pushed it to his face. I showed him the picture of him and the others doing drugs and beating Justin up.

"I can go to the police right now with this. I know for a fact that you are all 18 and can go to jail. You should know that I have information on many people. I know your secrets, Reece's secrets, and Kaden's secrets. I can put the three of you to jail. Now unless you want this information leaked, then I suggest you stop being such an asshole and leave me the fuck alone." I say low enough for only the guys and I to hear.

"Oooh you've got a burst of energy. Fine, we'll leave you alone, but I just wanted to say that you are stupid, Harley Deyes. You're stupid to not believe us when we say that we actually want to be friends with you or when we say thank you" or "sorry for being an asshole".

"So now I'll put truth to your words. We don't like you anymore. We'll just use you. Isn't that what you wanted? Isn't that what you expected? You expect that everyone is the same. That's why you have no friends Harley. We actually wanted to be your friends, but you pushed us away because you think that we're just gonna treat you like everyone else."

He clenches his jaw after talking. To say he looked mad was an understatement. His eyes showed fury, sadness,and dissapointmen. I chuckled humorlessly shook my head at him. That seemed to infuriate him more.

"Those "everyone else" that you talk of always end up leaving me and giving up on me. Once I show that I'm vulnerable, that I am sad, and that I do have a lot of struggles, they bolt out of my life. They leave me to continue on being myself. Isn't that exactly what you're doing?  I showed you that I have some heavy baggage on my shoulder, and what do you do? Leave. You didn't even bother trying to help or understand. You just get mad at me and make it seem my fault. Yes it is my fault, but it's your fault too. That's why what you just did proved that you are like everyone else."

His eyes widen, and he backs up a bit. I stare at him for a while before shaking my head. I grabbed my bag and got out of there as fast as I can. I took a cab back home and ran straight to my room. I flopped down on my stomach and started to sob. I let out all the unshed tears.

I've beeen crying a lot recently. Ever since Jaxon started talking to me more, sadness has visited me often. He was so confusing. One day he likes me and is super nice and sweet. The next, he's a complete asshole. It's all so confusing and painful.

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts. I slowly got up and opened it. I was immediately enveloped in a tight hug. I wiggled out of the grip to see who was hugging me. Once seeing his face, I wrapped my arms around him in desperate need for comfort.

Chris picks me up and carries me to my room. He lays me on my bed and climbs  in with me. He wraps his arms around me and runs his hand through my hair.

"Hey...it's okay. Whatever he said means nothing. It was all lies. You are amazing, beautiful, sweet, and every other good adjective that exists." He says

"He's not worth it, Har. Don't listen to what he said. He's just a worthless asshole." He continues to comfort me

"B-but Chris..." I try to speak but can't stop crying

"Shhhh. It's okay, Har. Calm down first and then tell me" He says

.
.
.

"Woah."

I have just finished crying and telling Chris all about Jaxon. He listened intently, and everytime it seemed as if I was about to start crying, he would immediately jump in and wrap his arms around me. It was 1AM and he still didn't leave my side. He stuck with me.

"Yeah...I don't know why. He's so bad for me but I can't help love him...I'm so pathetic." I sniff

"You're not pathetic. Don't say that about yourself. If anything, he's the pathetic one for not realizing how lucky he is to have someone like you like him." He says as he hugs me for the nth time tonight.

"I'm sorry that you're doing this. You really didn't have to come all the way here to comfort me" I say

"Of course I do!!! You're my friend. I can't leave you alone when you're sad. You're also a girl. A real man should never leave a girl alone when they are sad." He says

"Yeah...thanks Chris. You have no idea how much this means to me. I'd tell you but that's a whole different story and I'm out of tears." I chuckle

"No problem, Har. If you ever need someone to stay up all night and stay by your side, then call me. I'll be here in under 30 seconds." He says

"Thanks Chris. I promise I'll mak it up to you" I say

"No need. I just want you to be happy." He smiles at me

I smile back and cuddle into him. I rarely experience being comforted. I didn't have anyone to comfort me. Chris staying here with me till past midnight just to comfort me proves that no matter what, I can NOT let him go.

He's a true friend. I can not and will not let him go. I don't want to be alone anymore. I want to have someone to be by my side.

//////////////////