Ch. 52

1 hour left...

I spent most of my time hanging out with Tyler. We talked a lot and got to know each other better. He and I might have stayed together 'til midnight if Mal didn't text me, asking where I was. I had to say goodbye and meet up with the others.

"And she finally decides to join us!!" Reece says as I take a seat by them.

"No offense Harley, but I thought you ditches us again." Mali says

"Sorry..." I say guilty

"It's fine, but we were all discussing while you were gone-" Emma starts

"-And we think that you need to resolve some things before the year ends." Mali finishes. They were about to talk more until Kaden interrupts them.

"You and Jaxon need to fucking fix things already." He says. I watch him and my other friends stand up and leave the table. Jaxon, who was sitting diagonally from me, sighed at their actions.

"I tried to reason with them, but they weren't havig it. They said that we really need to patch things up already." He says

"I...I think they're right." I sighed and looked away from him

"Things are still difficult and kinda awkward between us, but if I keep acting this way, then I have a feeling I'll be losing more people that I care so much about."

"Chris left, and I don't want to lose you guys too. I've lost so many people in my life already, and all those times I just let them go. This time...this time I'm gonna not gonna let you leave. I care about all of you."

I looked at Jaxon with a slight smile on my face.

"Even you, Jaxon."

A smile breaks out on his face. He stands up and sits on the seat next to me.

"So does that mean-"

"Yup!" I cut him off

I was brought into a tight hug as soon as I said that. I fell weight lift off my shoulders. It was as if I could breathe again.

The hug soon became a group hug as all our friends join in. Jaxon and I laughed as Reece goes on and on talking about how he saved the day again.

Of course this was all so sudden. There was still a little bit of that unsure, doubtful, hurt, complicated feelings inside me. I had to force out a laugh some times, but other than that, I was smiling again. It didn't feel like a chore to smile and be happy.

I watched all my friends laugh at one of Reece's jokes, and I decided that it was time to start a new. It was time to start things fresh. I pushed back all my feelings and focused on the now.

That was when I really started smiling and enjoying myself.

All I had to do was let go.

.
.
.

30 minutes left...

This year was the most complicated year I have ever had. There's just been so much that was going on. All I know is that I'm thankful I met these amazing people.

I don't know what to expect for the upcoming year. All I know is that I have a feeling it's gonna be a very crazy ride.

But I'm ready for it. This year has made me stronger and now I'm ready for whatever the new year has to offer.

Things are changing, and so am I.

10 minutes left...

As we were all excitedly talking about our plans for the new year, I noticed Tyler nearby our table. I waved him over, so I could finally introduce him to my friends.