Ch. 54

Valentine's Day. The day where we celebrate love with chocolates, bears, flowers, and red. I've always been so lonely during valentines day. I didn't have even family to love. And this year, though I do have a boyfriend, I still don't have a date. Valentine's day is also Tyler's grandmother's birthday, so he and his family are flying all the way to Canada where his grandmother lives to celebrate her 87th birthday. He told me that he'll be gone for about a week...

Among all of us, Emma is the only one in our group of friends that has a date. She and Kaden had started offially dating not too long ago. Emma was so happy and excited to tell us that she had completely forgotten that she was telling her best friend who used to have a crush on said guy she was dating. Yeah...Mali was heartbroken obviously, but she put up an excited smile and a squealing voice for Emma. "Chicks before dicks " she said. Or was it sisters before misters....

Anyway, since both Mali and I didn't have anyone else this valentine, we decided to just hang out together and watch some romantic-comedy...and Magic Mike. She was gonna come over with-you guessed it!- chocolates and teddy bears. I have provided the flowers and red blankets with hearts on them for the both of us.

I hum softly to myself as I take a seat on my couch. Mike hops up and takes a seat next to me. He cuddles up next to me, and I can't help but think of Tyler. I wish he was here with me...I wanna cuddle up with him and have our dogs lay on the either side of us. I want his surprise kisses and the warmth of his arns around me. I want him...here...

The doorbell rings, snapping me out of my thoughts. I sigh deeply as I stand up to open the door. My eyes widen as I see the person behind the door.

"Jaxon?"

My eyebrows furrow as I stare at him in confusion. Why in the world was he here?

"Hey Har" He grins back at me. "Mind if I come in? It's freezing outside."

I nod my head as I let him in. He grins as Mike runs up to him and sniffs him. Jaxon crouches down and pets the dog.

"Jaxon, what are you doing here? I thought you'd be out there with a girl on this day of romance." I chuckle softly as I sit on my couch

Jaxon shrugs as he smiles lightly at me. Guilt immediately struck me. I had completely forgotten about...that.

"What about you? Don't you have a boyfriend who's supposed to be here with you?" Jaxon thankfully changes the subject, but it still wasn't the best topic

"Yeah...Tyler is in Canada. It's his grandmother's birthday" I say with a slight smile.

"Oh damn...so you're alone this Valentine's too?" Jaxon chuckles softly

"Nah...I was gonna have Mal over, but I guess she was caught up in traffic." I say with a shrug

"Hm...Guess I'm the only one alone. Reece is out in the pubs and Kaden is with Emma obviously....It's really super strange to see Kaden actually dating someone." He says with a slight frown "I would've never expected him to get a girlfriend and for it to be Emma of all people...No offense!" He  says hurriedly at tthe end

"What do you mean?" I ask with a frown

"Well...I don't know. Kaden isn't usually into the silent innocent types."  Jaxon shrugs

I frown, suddenly worried for Emma. After being freinds with these guys, you forget they're bad news sometimes. I sigh softly and shake the thought away from my head. Now is not the right time to think like that. I look back at Jaxon.

"So...why are you here?" I asked

"I'm bored" He shrugs "I have no one else to hang out with today and I know we're still kinda...rocky...but I wanted to hang out again. Like old times!" He says with a slight smile

I couldn't help but smile back. I did miss hanging out with him and just being around him. It was always one of the best moments of my life whenever he and I hung out even just as friends.

"Sure." I say with a wide smile.

.
.
.

It was with that little answer that my day went from lonely to awesome. It started out awkward before with both of us not knowing what do. He suggested we did some baking, and I think everyone knows that baking with a person that wasn't exactly good at the skill always turns into a big mess...but a big mess made with fun.

After completely destroying my kitchen with flour and a few eggs, Jaxon was set to clean everything up while I make simple mug cakes. It was a simple mug cake that wasn't supposed to take a long time, but I was too much of a giggling mess to finish anything.

Jaxon was also laughing as he cleaned up the mess. We looked like two crazy idiots on laughing gas. It was when Jaxon slipped on an egg yolk and fell on his bum that the two of us burst out laughing. I slid down the counter and buried my head between my legs as i laughed at our craziness.

It's just one of those moments where you're just so full of happiness and laughter that anything can amuse you. It was the best damn thing ever.

It took us a few minutes to finally calm down and finish our assigned tasks.

Jaxon and I sat on the couch with both mug cakes in hand. I turned on the TV and scrolled through Netflix.

"Wait!! This is boring." Jaxon suddenly spoke up. I look at him curiously.

"Yeah...cause I haven't even chosen anything yet." I say with a "duh" expression.

"No no no little Harley." Jaxon boops my nose making me scrunch it up in confusion. The action causes him to snicker "You look like a dog. Sit and stay, puppy" he says jokingly before rushing to my room...or to put it in better detail, he opened every door in the apartment until he found a room that had blankets and pillows on it. I immediately jumped up as I understood his intentions.

I rushed over to my room to get more blankets and pillows. Jaxon chuckles as he follows me "I said sit and stay, doggy." He says jokingly

"Shhhhhhh pillow fort!!" I exclaim

He laughs as he takes the pillows and blankets to the living room. I follow behind him and together we made the best damn pillow fort you will ever see. We got inside all comfy and cosy with our snacks near us and the TV playing a random movie.

At this point we're exhausted, but we were proud of ourselves.

"Best Valentines ever" I laughed and gave him a high five.

"You know it!!!" Jaxon exclaims with a wide smile. "Hanging out with your significant other is overrated! Hang out with your friend that you're kinda awkward with" he laughs

"Okay, stop, Jaxon. You're making it awkward again." I laugh along

"Theennnn it'll be even more fun and crazy" he says

"And messy" I add

"Right. I don't wanna clean up anymore" he laughs softly

I snicker as I hit play on the TV. Jaxon and I sigh softly and got comfortable as we ate our snacks.

Sooner or later, we both fell asleep to be found by a grinning Mali.

/////////////////////////

GUESS WHO'S BACK TO ANNOY ALL THE HATERS WITH MY TERRIBLE WRITING!!!!!!

I'M BACK EVERYONE AND THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS MAY BE TERRIBLE BECAUSE I'M KINDA RUSTY IN MY WRITING, BUT BEAR WITH ME BECAUSE I AM INSPIRED ONCE AGAIN TO KEEP WRITING.

I LOVE ALL MY SUPPORTERS AND EVEN THE HATERS BECAUSE HATERS YOU SUDDENLY INSPIRE ME TO WRITE MORE JUST TO PISS YOU OFF

SO I'M BACK! EXPECT GREAT (OR NOT SO GREAT) THINGS FROM ME