Ch. 49

Kaden lived in a small one story house. I'm assuming it was previously a beige or white color, but right now it was grey with paint chipping off. The plants were either dead or dying in the front yard. There was a soccer net that had a hole in it. A torn down soccer ball was laid inside the net.

Reece takes out the bags filled with containers of food, not allowing me to hold anything. We make our way to the front door and I knock on the door, and it starts to creak open as if it wasn't closed properly. I hear high pitched giggling and a deep laughter coming from the room to the left.

"Hello?" I call out. The laughter stops and I hear footsteps walking closer. The door swings open to reveal Kaden with what looks like a kid's drawing of a giraffe on his face.

"Harley? Reece??" He says in surprise

"Merry Christmas!!!" We exclaim in unison

"Merry Christmas...what are you two doing here?" He asks

Reece ignores his question and pushes past him. Kaden and I follow him to the kitchen where Reece has started to take out all the containers full of food.

"Woah woah woah!! What is all this?!" I didn't think he could be any more shocked, but he was.

"It's Christmas!!!" Is our reply

"Guys what the heck..." His voice goes softer

A new voice joins in and enters the room.

"Kaden? Who's here??" A female voice asks

"Friends of mine..." He says, not taking his eyes off of Reece who was removing the covers of each food. They were all luckily still hot and fresh

"Kade!! Kade!!! What smells so good??" Two little voices exclaim as they run in to the kitchen. The little footsteps stop and that's when I decided to turn around and face the family.

"Hi Kaden's family!!!! I hope you guys are hungry because Reece and I made a lot of food for you guys." I say cheerfully

" What better way to spend Christmas than to be kind and give. That's what Christmas is all about right? Giving." Reece slings an arm over my shoulders

"Yup!! We made Honeycrisp salad, Chicken drumsticks and vegetables in mustard-tarragon sauce, Lobster mac and cheese, and for dessert, we made fully loaded sweet potatoes." I list down all the food we made

"Don't forget the bread! I baked rosemary bread all by myself" Reece says with pride. I gave him the recipe and he did it all by himself. It was pretty good for his first time baking.

It was silent for a while until Kaden's mom broke the silence. She started sniffling at first but was soon sobbing. Kaden rushed to his mother's side, and Reece and I looked at each other in confusion.

"Th-thank you...Y-you two are angels..." She manages to say through her cries. I let out a sigh in relief. I thought she was upset for some reason. A little boy and a little girl ran up to Reece and I and hugged us tightly. They said thank you over and over again.

I couldn't and didn't prevent the wide smile that made it's way on my face. I hugged the little girl and the little boy. After them, I hugged the mother.

"Let's not cry now. The food is getting cold, so let's eat now. Okay?" I say. She sniffles and nods.

The table was only fit for four, so Reece and I ate while standing up. The family ate so much, and they were so happy as they did.  They savoured every bite. Reece and I high fived each other and began mingling with what I believe to be the happiesy family ever.

.
.
.

After eating, Kaden's mother washed the dishes even though I insisted that it was fine. I gave up trying to convince the stubborn woman whose name I found out is Alicia.

The children were playing with Reece while Kaden and I sat next to each other. He had me in a tight hug that I couldn't escape. It's been like this ever since we entered the kitchen.

"Thank you so much, Harley." He says for the 17th time. Yes, I counted.

"Kaden, I said it's no problem at all. You should be thanking Reece as well beause he suggested to give the food to you. I was planning on giving it to an orphanage or something." I say

"Reece said to give it to us?" He says

"Yup!" I pop the p at the end

I felt Kaden let me go and stand up. He smirks and stalks towards Reece. Reece's eyes widen and he stands up to run, but Kaden was faster. He grabs Reece and pulls him to a death hug. He was squeezing Reece tightly that I'm surprised Reece is still alive.

"Thanks man" Kaden says

"If you're gonna thank me, then don't fucking kill me" Reece chokes out

"I'm killing you with love and kindness" Kaden says

"I don't feel loved. I feel dead" Reece says

"At least you die loved" Kaden chuckles. Reece glares at him playfully. Kaden grins and lets him go. It seems Kaden was much more happy and open at home.

The room was happy and full of Christmas spirit. Everything was going great until my smile fell when I heard a familiar voice that I didn't want to hear.

Well...it was a fun temporarily having no problems or complicated feelings

//////////////////////

Hey guys!!!

I'm so sorry this took so long!! I wanted a Christmas chapter and I wanted it to fit with the story, but I had such a hard time in doing so. I finally came up with this and I think it's pretty okay. I was able to show what I think people should be doing during Christmas.

Even though it's way past its due date, I'm proud that I was able to make a good-ish Christmas chapter, sort of fit it in to the story, and kind of show people what Christmas is all about to me.

In my opinion, Christmas is a time of happiness and joy. I think that everyone should set aside their problems just for that day. We should forget our problems and concentrate on being happy and celebrate with our families.

Anyway!! The New Years update is coming up soon and in there I will show you what New Years means to me and what it should mean to others. So let's look forward to that and let's hope I won't miss my due date xD

And...I think that's all! See you soon!!!

                                                                         ~AB.