Ch. 43

Time was moving so fast that before you know it, it was nearly Christmas. The air was getting colder, the decorations were all put up, items were going on sale, and etc. Things have been going great nowadays.

I heard from Chris' neighbors that he was back at his apartment, so I decided to pay him a visit. I whistled for Mike to follow me, and he did obediently. We went down a floor and knocked on Chris' door.

To my surprise, it wasn't Chris who opened the door. A tall blonde hair guy opened the door and greeted me.

"Hello?" I say in confusion

"Hi! Who are you looking for?" He asks

"The guy who lives here?" I say

"...are you Harley by any chance?" He asks

"Yeah..."

"I'm Luke! Chris' best friend." He sticks out his hand for me to shake. Mike growls at Luke.

"This must be Mike!" Luke squats down and tries to pet him, but Mike snarls at him.

"Okay...come on in! Chris is here." He opens the door for us. I walk in and look around the apartment. So many memories begin to flood back to me.

I looked to the kitchen and chuckled softly as I remembered the time he tried to bake with me.

Flashback

"Pleeaaassee Har!!!" Chris begs "I really want to learn how to bake!!"

"I'm afraid my kitchen will be destroyed after." I say stubbornly

"But Harleyyyyyy" He whines

"No, Chris." I say firmly

"We'll use my kitchen!!! And I'll buy all the ingredients as well!!" He offers

"I don't know..."

"Pleaseeee" He gives me the puppy dog eyes

"Fow youw best fweind?" He pouts

"....fine." I groan

He cheers loudly and hugs me tight. Chris ran off to the supermarket right after to buy the ingredients. He was in such a rush he didn't even ask me what we're making and what we need. I ended up driving to the supermarket to go grocery shopping with him.

And guess what? I was right. When we finished, the kitchen was destroyed and a complete mess. All we did was make a simple batch of chocolate chip cookies, but we managed to make a huge mess.

"Remind me to keep you away from the kitchen unless it's eating time" I sighed

"Okay so I'm terrible at baking, BUT it was a lot of fun. You can't deny that." He says

"I wasn't going to. It was really fun." I chuckle

"Yup! That's me! Chris the fun guy!" He says and does a little dance

I grabbed some flour and threw it at him, making him stop and spit out the flour.

"Holy-" I laugh loudly

"You're in trouble." He says as he stands up and grabs some baking soda. I grab the flour and prepare to attack.

He yells and starts throwing baking soda at him while I throw flour. The war goes on for a while until a huge cloud of white dust covers the air. We start to cough and make our way to the living room to get away from the cloud of flour we created.