Ch. 53

I didn't expect that kiss with Tyler at all, nor did I expect that he would ask me to be his girlfriend literally 5 days later...

Flashback

I was sitting on the bench, waiting for Tyler to show up-if he even will. For the past 4 days, he's either been really really late, or he doesn't show up at all. I was 99.9% sure that it was about the kiss from New Years.

God...Just thinking about it makes me all tingly inside. I know that I have a feelings for Tyler and they may not be as strong as my old feelings for Jaxon, but I did like Tyler a lot.

I checked my phone and sighed at the time. It was getting late. He must not be coming today...

I sit up straight and run a hand through my messy hair. As I was combing through my hair, I heard footsteps approaching. I looked up- about to tell Tyler how he was late for the third time now. I couldn't say anything though as, instead of Tyler's face, I was face to face with a beautiful bouquet of red roses.

Tyler's face popped out from behind the flowers.

"I'm not the most romantic person, but...will you, Harley Deyes, go out on a date with me?" He smiles sheepishly at me

I remained silent as I was still processing what was happening. I've never had a boyfriend in my life. Sure I've kissed some guys before during parties and truth or dare games, but I've never been in an actual relationship. No one wanted that with me.

"H-hey...you okay? I-I understand if you don't want to..." Tyler looks down sadly

I shake my head to wake myself up. I take the flowers from his hand and smile widely at him.

"Of course!!!!" I squeal and hug him tightly. I felt him relax into the hug. He wrapped his arms around me and proceeded to pick me up and spin me around.

"Thank god...You were worrying me there for a sec. I haven't asked a girl out in a long time, so you really had me nervous." Tyler says

"I'm sorry" I giggle and kiss his cheek. He smiles widely and kisses my cheek before putting me down on the ground.

The two of us walked back to my apartment, and dated for the next 4 weeks.

End of Flashback

The two of us have been dating for 4 weeks now, and my friends were all happy for me-even Jaxon.

Speaking of which, him and I are just friends now. We all still hang out. I don't know if he was affected by my rejection and my new boyfriend, but we don't talk about it anyway. He doesn't seem to be upset about it.

I don't know why...but that dissapointed me a little.

All in all, 2018 was treating me amazingly. I have all my friends, I have a wonderful boyfriend, and the best part of 2018 so far is receiving the news that Chris was getting better.

Ahh Chris...I miss that idiot. I remember the nurse scolded him for moving around too much when I told him about Tyler and I. I forgot I haven't told Chris about Tyler, so when he received the news, his over protective brother side came out. He was upset that I didn't tell him sooner and he demanded that I tell him what was going on.

I sighed once again and smiled at all the happy memories that have occured in just 4 weeks. I felt a poke in my cheek, and I looked up at my boyfriend.

"Yess??" I said

"Are you okay? You've been silent, smiling, and sighing since we got here." Tyler says "I'm really confused. I don't know if you're happy or what"

"I'm happy. I'm incredibly happy with everything that's been happening so far" I smile widely at him

"That's great, love, because you very much deserve to be happy" He smiles and kisses my temple

Him and I sit on our bench, watching the people walk by. Some people would look at us and smile while others would aw. The two of us stayed there and talked for a while until it was time to go home. He walked me home like usual and kissed me goodbye before leaving.

As I head up to my apartment, I noticed someone was sat next to my door. They had their knees brought up to their face, but I could still recognize Mali's figure.

I hurriedly rushed towards her and sat next to her. She looked up at me with a sad smile on her face.

"What's wrong, Mal?" I ask

"I-I really needed someone to talk to, so I rushed over here. I forgot that you were out with Tyler, so I kinda just waited outside your door..."She says softly

"Mal...You could have just texted me. I'd be here immediately." I said

"I know, but I don't want to ruin your time with Tyler..." She says

"You're my best friend, Mal. You're more important to me than a boy. I don't know what Bros before Hoes is in girl terms, but let's pretend I said something cool like that" I chuckle

"Yeah what is the girls version of that saying?" She says with a light smile

"I have no idea, but I do know that we should get you seated in my comfy couch. Once you're settled, you'll tell Aunty Harley what's wrong" I help her stand up. She smiles lightly, but it soon fades away.

This wasn't the happy energetic Mali I know. I've never seen Mali sad before. She was always the happy and cheery one in the group.

I took her inside and let her sit on the couch. I got us both some hot cocoa and a glass of water because I have a feeling this is gonna get emotional.

I set the drinks down on the table and looked at Mali who was staring blankly at the TV screen in front of her.

"Mal?"

"Harley, have you ever liked someone a lot but that someone likes another person?" She speaks up

"Why? What about it?"

"You know how I like Kaden right?"

"Yeah..."

"He and Emma are dating." She turns to me with a sad smile on her face.

"What?! I thought Emma liked Reece?!" I exclaim

"She did like him, but only just a little. It was a tiny happy crush. When it was Kaden's birthday, the two of them bonded and Emma started liking Kaden. Unbeknownst to us, they've been hanging out a lot. Today, Kaden officially asked her out on a date where he's most likely gonna ask her to be his girlfriend." Mal explains, looking down at the floor as she does

"Oh Mal..." I inch closer to her and give her a side hug. She sighs deeply as she leans her head on my shoulder.

"I'm not upset with Emma or anything for stealing the guy I like. Believe it or not, I'm happy for Emma that she gets to date Kaden. It's just that...It hurts too. It was a simple crush, but it kinda sucks to know that your best friend is the one who ends up dating your crush and not you." She says

"I know it hurts, Mal, but that's just how love works. You're lucky it's just a crush and not the love of your life who went with your best friend." I say

"Yeah...that must hurt a fuck lot." She says with a light chuckle

"It'll be okay, Mal. You'll find someone so much better and someone who can like you back instead of it being a one sided relationship." I hug her tightly

"Yeah...I'll get over this soon. Maybe if I watch some Nicholas Sparks, then I'll feel better..." She looks at me with a slight smile

"One comforting girls night, coming up!"

And there we stayed for the rest of the night. We piged out on junk food and...just food in general. We watched some romance movies and we talked about the hot celebrities.

Things were good again, just like how it should be...

right?

////////////////////

HI.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY.

~Birthday Girl