Ch. 33

We went out to swim again the next day even though it was raining. I insisted on going out and playing in the rain which is probably why I'm not feeling so well. 

I was too tired and weak to move. It was 10AM, and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. I was starving and in pain. I reached for my phone and texted J.

To: Mr. J

Hey, can you bring up my breakfast for me?

From: Mr. J

Why can't you just come downstairs?

To: Mr. J

I don't feel so well

Jaxon didn't reply after that. Within a few minutes, I heard footsteps nearing my door.  J comes in with a tray of food in hand.

"You okay?" He asks as he puts down the tray on the nightstand at the other side of the bed.

"I think I'm sick" I say. He places his hand on my forehead, but immediately takes it back.

"Shit. You're burning up" He says

"I'm cold and hot at the same time, and my head is killing me. This sucks so much" I groan

"Can you sit up?" He asks. I nod and attempt to sit up. J puts his hand on my back to help me. As I finally sit up properly, I close my eyes tightly and grab my hair. God...my head hurts so much.

"I'll go get some medicine and a thermometer. You wait here." He rushes out of the room to do so.

I try to ignore my headache and reach for the tray of food. I grabbed the spoon and dug into the cereal. My hand shook as I brought the spoon up to my mouth. I tried to bring up the bowl as well to catch anything that spills, but it felt as if the bowl weighted 100 pounds. I ate slowly, trying hard not to spill anything.

"I got the thermometer" He hands it to me, and I take my temperature. He sits next to me and takes the bowl from my hand. I remove the thermometer once it beeps and hand it to J.

"Shit...you've got a high fever. I told you it was a bad idea to go swimming in the rain" He says

"I'm sorry..." I mumble as I sink back into the sheets

"Are you still hungry?" He asks

"No..."

"Okay. I'll go get a towel. You rest here and try to sleep" He stands up and rushes out of the room once more.

I try to sleep, but my pounding headache won't let me. I try to massage my head and tug my hair, but nothing worked. Jaxon didn't bring any medications up, so I had to wait until he got back to tell him.

"Here's the towel." He places it on top of my forehead. I felt the warm water on my forehead.

"J?" I say to him

"Yeah?"

"Can you bring me some medicine please?" I ask him

"Fuck! I completely forgot." His eyes widen as he rushes back downstairs to go get some. I lay in bed trying to find a comfortable position.

"Harley?" Judy's voice enters the room. I look up to see her walking to the side of my bed.

"Hey...how are you feeling? Mr. Parker has been running around the house looking for a thermometer, some medicine and towels. I thought that if he's able to run around, then I assumed you were the one who's sick." She says

"I told J that I wasn't feeling so well, so he began running around getting me some stuff." I say

"You're sick?"