Ch. 28

We were on our way to Jaxon's vacation home. Since it was really far and we left at around 6PM, we had to stop at a motel. In said motel, there are no available single rooms for some odd reason. That is why Jaxon and I will have to be sharing a room. Ah...I hate and love my luck right now. I hate it because it's not helping me move on, but I love it because it makes my heart incredibly happy.

"At least the beds are separated" Jaxon says as he plops down on his side

"Yeah. Thank god for that" I say as I put down my stuff

"I'm so tireddd" He groans

"Then go to sleep. If you need me, I'll be downstairs by the hot tub." I head to the bathroom to put on my bathing suit. I didn't actually know if we'd be swimming on this trip; I just brought them.

"Woah wait. There's a hot tub?" He asks from the other side of the door

"Yeah, didn't you see?"

"I was practically sleep walking earlier, so no."

I put my shorts and shirt back on before opening the door. I come face to face with Jaxon. Our faces were so close that our noses were almost touching. I had a great view of his green eyes. Before I could sink deeper into his trance, I snapped myself out and pushed him to the side.

"I'll be going now. Enjoy your sleep!" I grab my towel and head out. I closed the door and rushed down to the pool.

Once I got there, I sat down and caught my breath. I don't know if my heart was beating really fast because of the running I did or because of the little incident earlier. I shook my head of the thoughts. We're just friends. We're friends and we'll always be just friends. Don't let your feelings ruin the only relationship you'll ever have with him.

I sighed at the thought. I cleared away all thoughts and focused on the warmth of the hot tub. I stood up and stripped down to my bikini. After folding my clothes and putting it on the chair, I got in the warm hot tub.

The warmth was relaxing and cleared my thoughts very well. I would fall asleep here if I could. I looked up at the sky and smiled at the beautiful stars. I never really went out at night. As soon as I got home, I would stay indoors. That's why I never got to see the stars that much.

"Pretty, isn't it?" I heard Jaxon's voice from above me. I turned around and saw him by the chair where my clothes laid.

"I thought you were going to sleep?" I say

"Hot tub sounds more relaxing." He takes off his shirt and places it by my clothes. He gets in and stays at the opposite side of me. I focus my attention away from his toned body.

"Stars, Harley. Forcus on the stars."

I listen to my subconscious and go back to looking at the stars.

"Hey Harley?" Jaxon says

"Hm?" I hum in response

"You have a great body"

My eyes widen at his comment. My face burns up in an instant. I splash him with water, making him laugh.

"You're such a perv" I huff

"I am not. I am just a normal hormonal teenage guy." He says

"You are not a normal hormonal teenage guy- scratch that- you're not normal." I scoff

"Hey! What does that mean?"

"It means you're overly hormonal."

"I am not!!"

"Sureeee. That's why you're always fucking someone everyday in the janitor's closet or the abandoned classroom" I say

"How did you?"

"I know everything, remember?"

His mouth forms an "O". I can't believe he forgot. It's one of the mIn reasons he started talking to me, but then he just forgot.

"Wait...so you know about that classroom?" His eyesbrows furrow to a deep frown

"Yup. I caught the three of you there once." I admit

"Oh..." His frown goes deeper if possible

"What's wrong? I won't bust you out if that's what you're thinking. I'd probably get kidnaped by the rest of your gang." I say

"No...that's not it. I know you won't snitch on us. It's just that...I don't like the thought of you seeing us like that." He says

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want you to see us when we're like that. It makes us look bad." He says

"So? You're a bad boy. Everyone knows it already."

"I know, but I don't want you to see me as a bad guy or a bad person. You probably already know I am, but I want to change your view of me"

My heart swells with happiness and warmth. I don't want to over analyze this, but it seems that he doesn't care about what other think of him. He cares about what I think of him. That's the only way i could understand his words.

I looked at his still frowning face. It made me frown myself. I got up and walked over to him. I sat down next to him, and nudge his arm.

"You're not a bad person. In fact, in my view, you're anything but." I say

"Don't lie."

"Maybe a little, but everyone has a bad side."

"So...even if I do some...stuff...you're still okay with me?"

"Yup"

"You'd still sit next to me very comfortably?"

"Yup"

"You still like me?"

"Of course!" I said to him

Even if you hurt me over and over, even if you'll continue doing drugs, and even if you won't do it back...

I'll still love you because for some reason my heart wants you and only you...

/////////////////