Ch. 38

Things were back to normal. I don't want us to dwell in the past, so I try to get everyone to forget what happened. Things with Jaxon are still complicated, but he's trying. He doesn't want to drop his reputation all in one go, so we take baby steps like him smiling and saying hi to me whenever we'd pass each other.

Chris has been busy with exams, so I rarely get to see him. He's also been acting weirdly distant for some reason. I know he's busy with school, but it kinda feels like he's avoiding me. I try not to think about it a lot in fear of another break down.

I still meet up with Tyler everyday on that same park bench at the same time. I didn't expect to see him when I went out for a walk with Mike one day, but he was there. Mike ran over to Luna so fast. We'd gotten to know each other better, but most of the time we spent our time just watching our dogs and relaxing. We shared that spot. It was like our sanctuary. It was our place where we can just be at peace and get away from the world even for just a little while.

But enough with the talk of the past! Let's get back to the present.

I was laying on the bench alone. Tyler would be here soon, so it was just Mike and I for now. I looked up at the sky and let my imagination run wild. Thanks to Ed Sheeran's song, Barcelona, I was imagining myself dancing in the streets of Barcelona.

I was wearing a beautiful red dress that flowed everytime I twirled. A cute guy was dancing with me and twirling me around. People were staring at us as we danced, but we had no care in the world. We danced through the brightly colored streets. As rain started to pour, we stopped in the middle of a huge street drawing. It was one of the drawings that kids draw with chalk. We stayed there dancing as the rain poured down on us. We were gonna get sick, but we were having fun together on the last day of summer. It was the best way to end my summer vacation with my summer love.

The song ended, bringing me back to real life. I opened my eyes and looked at the blue sky. God...I wish I could travel to other places one day. I have no idea what Barcelona looks like, but I hope it looked like what I imagined.

"Can I sit down?" A familiar voice breaks my train of thought. I looked to see Tyler smiling down at me. I sat up and made room for him.

"You took your time today" I say

"I was busy" He said

"Were you doing a sport?" I ask. His hair was wet which means he could've had a shower before coming here.

"Yup" He says

"Hmm I think you could be a...soccer player?" I guess. This was how we find out new things about each other. We just observe each other and guess until we find out the correct answer.

"Nope" He shakes his head

"Uhm...swimmer?" He looks at me and nods with a grin.

"Ding ding ding! We got a winner" He says

"No wonder you have such a nice build" I mumble under my breath, but because of how quiet it was, he heard me.

"Aww thanks, Harley. Maybe I'll show you what's under these clothes next time" He winks at me. I blush and jokingly shove him.

"Shut up."

We sat together in silence just like always. At one point, he brought out his vape and started smoking it. I rolled my eyes and covered my nose and mouth with my scarf. He chuckled at my actions.

I always hated the thought of being a victim or a friend of a victim of cancer. That's why I stay away from any kind of smoke. Tyler has assured me many times that his vape has no nicotine in it, but I wasn't taking any risks. Nobody knows what could happen to a person who breathed in the smoke coming out of those things. I was okay if it was just sometimes, but he does this a lot.

He smirks and blows the smoke into my face. My eyes widen and I try to fan the smoke away with one hand while the other is pinching my nose. I look up to glare at him, but he does it again. I squeal and try to move away from him, but he puts his hand on my back and brings me closer.

"Stopp! Tyler!!!" I squeal and attempt to push him away. He blows the smoke in his mouth before speaking.

"What did you say, Harley? Some more?" He smirks

"No!!" I squeal loudly and push him away. He laughs and inhales his vape.

My eyes widen as he tries to come closer to my face, but I push back. I push myself away until I fell to the ground. Tyler scrambles over next to me with a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine" I smile lightly at him. He blows out the smoke with a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry. I pushed it too far" He says, looking down in guilt

"It's fine, Tyler. I'm fine" I reassure him. He nods slowly in response.

I lay back down on the grass. Mike runs up to my side and snuggles beside me. Luna copies his movement on my other side. I giggle and look at Tyler.

"I'm one with nature. The animals obey me now" I say to him. Tyler laughs and lays down next to Luna. Luna, though, decides to stay at Tyler's other side. Tyler moves closer to me so that we were next to each other with our dogs on our other sides. Basically it went Luna, Tyler, Me, and Mike.

Tyler and I lay there till the sky turns dark. Around that time, we decided to get up and go home.

"I'm coming with you" He says

"Why?" I ask

"It's already dark out. I can't leave a lady to walk by herself in the dark." He says

I didnt fight back anymore and let him walk with me. We talked more on this short walk than all of the days we spent on that bench together combined. We didn't learn anything new about each other because we like to keep it a mystery. We mostly talked about adventure in life.

Our talk about sky diving came to an end as we reached my building. Tyler inspects it while I pat Luna goodbye.

"I wanna see the inside now." Tyler looks at me with hopeful eyes

"Better luck next time" I say

"I guess we'll just have to always come home late. Maybe if we go really late, then you'll let me in your bedroom" He winks. I blush at his comment and try to shove him away. He laughs and hugs me.

"I'm just kidding, Harley" He tries to bury his face in my hair. I chuckle and push him off before running my hand through my hair.

We say our goodbyes and go our separate ways. When I reached the lobby, I noticed Mali and Emma sitting at one of the sofas with huge knowing smiles on their faces.

They're smiling, but why do I have a bad feeling about this?

/////////////////