Chapter 57

That was definitely the best damn zoo ever. The wolf pups, the wolf packs, The wolf howls- we even got to take up and close pictures with one of the packs and pet them! 

Needless to say, Jaxon and I pretty much had the best day of our lives. We had almost no storage in both our phones. Even as we were walking home, we were still bubbling and giddy with joy...or it could be the cotton candy we smartly decided to buy.

"This was the most fun I've ever had in a while." I giggle as I nibble on my cotton candy.

"Same" Jaxon grins widely "It's always fun when Mr. J and his Harley roam the streets."

I laugh as I remembered how I used to call him Mr. J. "That's so true, Mr. J" I say in my Harley Quinn voice.

Jaxon chuckles as he slings an arm around my shoulder. "I actually quite missed that nickname" he says

"Mmm I found it exhausting to say. I just got too lazy to say the whole thing." I say with a small chuckle.

"It's just three syllables" He says with an amused smile

"I know, but Jaxon only has two, so it's just easier to say." I shrug nonchalantly

"Lazy." He says as he flicks my nose

"Heeyyy" I whine as I hold my nose. It didn't hurt, but it felt weird.

We soon reached the door to apartment. Jaxon hums as he turns to face me.

"And here lies the end of our day." Jaxon said in a dramatic tone

I chuckle softly as I lean against my door. "Yup. The end to a great day with Harley and Mr. J" I say

"Thanks for taking me out, Jaxon. It was a lot more fun than I expected." I smile up at him

"You are very welcome, Harley dear" Jaxon smiles back at me. His brows suddenly furrowed as he leaned in closer to my face. I tense up a bit at how close we suddenly were. His hand goes up to my face and he gently pressed his finger to the bridge of my nose. He then movedback a bi and showed me his finger that had a single fallen lash on it.

"Haha make a wish, Harley dear." He says jokingly before attempting to blow it. I pout as I cover his mouth.

"Heyy it's my eyelash therefor it's my wish." I say childishly

Jaxon chuckles and nods "Alright Alright" He says 

I closed my eyes and made my wish before blowing on the eyelash that was on his finger. I then opened my eyes and smiled up at Jaxon. He was already smiling and looking at me when I looked up at him.

"What are you looking at?" I giggle as I went back to my previous position with my back leaned against the door to my apartment.

'You." Jaxon replies with a boyish grin "You're just so pretty." 

I blush and look away from him "Jeez Jaxon. Warn me next time you're gonna act so smooth with you pick up lines." I say jokingly

Jaxon doesn't respond making me furrow my brows in curiosity. I looked up at Jaxon to see him looking at me with a distant look in his eyes. I open my mouth to say something but he cuts me off.

"Harley...can you please help me?" He mumbles softly 

I look at him in confusion "Help you? With what?" I say

"Please...help me. Teach me how to move on already." He says  as he looks straight into my eyes. My breath hitches as I look at him. Oh god please not this...

"I...I'm trying. I really am. I'm trying to move on and settle with us being just friends, but it's so hard. I feel like I'm falling deeper in love with you every single time I see you smile. I can't help it, Har. I know it's wrong because you have Tyler, and I've already hurt and rejected you too many times for you to ever even think of liking me back, but I  just can't help it anymore." 

"Every day I think of you. I always think of the many chances that I lost. All the fuck ups that I did. Every single thing that ruined my chance of being with you. I keep thinking about that and then...then I think of the time when we were at Kaden's party. God...that kiss is one thing I'll never forget..."

He shook his head as he realized that he was starting to ramble "What I'm trying to say is I need your help. I want to hang out with you without getting this strong feeling to just kiss you right then and there. I wanna move on so that you can be happy." He says

My mind was spinning and I wasn't processing or filtering anything that came out of my mouth. All I could say was a soft "and how do we do that?" 

Jaxon suddenly placed a hand on my cheek as he moved closer. "Please...just let me kiss you one last time. One last time for the sake of putting this aching and longing in my heart to rest." He mumbles softly 

Jaxon is normally a cool, calm, and collected person, but seeing him now...He seemed so desperate and weak and vulnerable. It made my heart melt to see him like this, but...

"Jaxon...I have a boyfriend." I mumble softly

"I...I know, but I really can't get you off my mind Harley. I just...Can you please? Please just do this for me. Just this once...and I'll never ask for it again." He mumbles just as soft as he moves even closer to me. I couldn't speak anymore. My heart was racing and my mind was spinning. Who was I supposed to listen to now? There was no one to help me process what was happening. I was torn apart. 

On one side, this was wrong. This was so so wrong. I have a boyfriend who I am happy with. On the other side...My heart still wanted him.

I was so torn apart and unable to speak, but I knew he was getting restless with the way he was moving closer.  I placed my hand on his chest to create even just a little bit of distance between us. But he took hold of my hand and tilted my head up. From the chaos and rioting of my system, it was like everything just shut down. My heart stopped, and my mind went blank.

"Harley...please." Jaxon mumbled "I need this."

He leaned in closer until our lips were only inches apart. The heat from his anxious breathing was fanning my face and I could smell the cotton candy we had earlier.

He pressed his lips softly and hesitantly against mine. That was all it took for every part of me to go "fuck it."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. An action that made me feel so good despite it being so wrong.

So that's why people cheat then, huh? Because the heart just had to get what it wants.

///////////////////////////////

I tried so hard to make a good chapter and finish it by the end of this week, but I just couldn't T_T

I'm sorry I'm such a failure at writing. This was the best I could do. I know you guys expected a lot and this was quite dissapointing. I'm so sorryyyyy TT__TT

AB.