Snow White Part 2

The Queen was pacing in her room for two days now. The huntsman had reported that you had ran away from him. She suspected he was not telling the whole truth but didn't care. She wanted you back home. She felt slightly guilty for it was her vanity that caused the situation. Then she realized she can find her through the mirror.

"Mirror mirror in my hand who is the fairest in the land?"

"My Queen, though you are fair, there is someone fairer."

"Where is the fairer maiden."

"In the forest living with the seven dwarfs." The mirror showed a image of you living peacefully with the small men. She sees that your clothes are dirty and face covered in dust. She then realizes you were cleaning and doing manual labor. With time the beautiful white skin would fade. Your silky hair would be dry. Your full red lips would be cracked. With time you would be ugly. Coming to a decision, she decided you will live with the dwarfs until you became less beautiful. When the time is right, she would get you herself and live happily once again. The queen soon started preparing other things. A newly crowned king would be visiting.

Ethan Montecroix was going to visit the Queen. He had recently became King and making political alliances was vital. As he was traveling he got lost from his guards. He was riding his horse on his own when he came near a stream. The stream had pale blue color to it and you could see the bottom of it. The country this young king came from had a rather violent war. Ethan had taken part in this war had massacred a lot of men. Their blood diluting the streams from a clear pale blue to a murky blood red. He missed it though. He wanted to continue fighting for his country but his father died. Before the late king died, he ended it with a peace treaty. Since his father was dead he had to become king. He couldn't recklessly go into wars and fight. He had to be more sensible.

As he trails the stream he notices a pale young woman singing as she washes clothes. A beauty she was. The young king was smitten. He unsaddles his horse and walks quietly to the girl.

"A beautiful voice you have." he states. You let a small yelp before nearly falling into the stream. Ethan prevents in a nick of time.

"...Thank you." You whisper. He sees that you are blushing and understands why. His arms are still wrapped around your waist. He removes them and smiles.

"I apologize for my rudeness." The girl has something graceful about her he thought. Like a princess. "My name is Ethan."

"...Snow." You didn't dare tell a stranger her real name. Your nickname was only used by people you were close to.

"It suits you well. Your name I mean."

"I know." you whispers as you put a curl of hair behind your ear. You then put all the laundry in the basket and gets up. "Nice meeting you, but I must go." Ethan grabs your wrist.

"Surely you could spare a few minutes." With a moment to think, you sit down next to him. You talk for a while and Ethan finds himself infatuated with your pureness and beauty. Soon he hears the guards. They are looking for him. "May I see you again here at this time?" he asks. You think for awhile before nodding. He takes your hand and kisses the back on it. "Until next time."

Ethan soon arrives at the castle and is greeted by Snow's stepmother.

"Hello King Montecroix. I hope you had a pleasant journey." she says cordially.

"I did Queen Morgana. Thank you for having me." he replies. He heard this queen had a  stepdaughter. The queen and Ethan discussed the alliance and then brought up marriage.

"I have a daughter a few years younger than you." He knew where this was going. Ethan had met all sorts of princesses and noble women, all rude and condescending. "You see she disappeared awhile back. But she will be found soon. So I was wondering, to solidify our alliance, would you be courteous enough to marry my daughter." 

Ethan didn't know who the daughter was or what she looked liked. He was already smitten with the lady by the stream. He smiled. "With time my queen. When your daughter is found, I will then consider." The queen smiled but it looked more strained. During the time Ethan was staying the country, he went and visited you. You enjoyed your time together and Ethan found himself falling in love. 

He then decided, he would turn down the marriage offer. He was going to marry the woman he saw by the stream. As he goes to the Queen's chambers he hears her taking to someone about an apple that will make someone look horrendous once consumed. He cracks the door open and see the queen looking at a mirror. In the mirror reflects you. Ethan didn't know where you lived and he wanted to protect you from the Queen. He decides to tail her the next day.

When Ethan wakes up, he discovers the queen had left. He saddles his horse immediately and frantically starts searching the forest for his beloved Snow. When he sees you, he sees that you are lying in a clear coffin. He was confused. Snow was to become ugly, not dead. 

"Why is she dead? WHY?!" He shouts. He demands he takes the body but the dwarfs refuse. In his blind grief he cuts them all down. He then takes the body. He was going to give her a proper burial. 

As they are riding, the horse trotted on a more bumpier road. Soon a small apple bit fall from your mouth. You never consumed the apple. Instead it was stuck in your throat that led you to pass out. Ethan hadn't notice.

"Where am I?" you asks. Ethan stops the horse. When he sees that you are awake, he hugs you.

"Thank goodness your alive." He then kisses you. "I have been wanting to ask you since I realized I loved you. Will you be my bride?" You smile and nod.