Mulan Part 1

This is going to be a little different from my previous chapters as i am not going to post all the chapters for the story in one go. Instead i will post one part each so i can get feed back and correct the mistakes i made. If i make any don't hesitate and tell me. I apologize if i make any mistakes for this story. I would also like to thank @epicfail4me for giving me information on feudal China.

It was during the Tang Dynasty. War was getting much more severe. The need for soldiers was much more desperate now. Your father had fought in the war himself. He was a good fighter and well respected but was forced to leave due to an injury he sustained. Since then, your mother had been taking care of him. You were small family of four. You had a younger brother who wasn't past the age of three, your mother who was considered extraordinarily beautiful when she was younger, your father who was a good man and you.

You were sixteen and your parents were looking for potential suitors. This was considered a difficult task in your case since there was rumors you were trained in arms. Your father taught you how to fight as you were eager to learn. Other men would of reprimanded their daughters had they shown interest, but yours was difference. The men thought it was vulgar that you knew such things and acted such ways. 

Since the rumors were refusing to die down, you weren't permitted to leave home. You obeyed and carried out your duties as a filial daughter. You were watching your brother play when you heard the sound of horses. Your father had heard them as well and limped on his cane to see what the commotion was about. 

You followed carrying your brother but your father stopped you.

"F/n. You will stay here and watch your brother." you nod and walk back. Something serious was happening. You saw your mother who saw your distressed face. She took your brother.

"Come child. (I am really scared to use the actual terms. If you know them please tell me.) We will wait nearby." Your mother was just as curious and took your brother. You guys made your way out. You were hiding behind the wall that concealed part of your house and you were listening in one what the men were saying.

"Men from each family is needed for the war in the north. Departure is at dawn." You turn to your mother and you wanted to run out but her gaze was enough to tell you not to. Moments later, your father came back with a parchment. When he notices the three of you he gives smile.

"You all know what I must do."

"Father you can't go." you cry. "You aren't well enough. You are limping." You run to him. "Something must be done to change this."

"F/n." he says softly but sternly. He shows you the parchment. "Do you see this crest." you nod. "Its our Emperor's. You know I can't disobey." You feel tears stream down your cheek. "Stay strong for our family." He gestures to your mother. "While I am gone, watch over them." She only nods. 

You run to your room and don't come out until dinner. It was silent and you were upset that you were powerless to do anything. You knew he would die if he went. He knew this as well and it angered you more. You couldn't outright disobey your father. You were going to do something.

It was late in the night. Your family was asleep. You quietly slipped into your parents'room and found the parchment using the moonlight. Once you took it, you went to your room and binded your chest and stole your father's clothes your father saved for your brother when he is older and left the house. You managed to get your horse and soon you were off.

Please tell me if I need to correct anything or if you have any suggestions