Rumpelstiltskin Part 4

When the guards saw that not a single straw was turned to gold they began to whisper among themselves. You brought to the king and he too was confused.

"I apologize my king. I didn't have energy to continue doing it for three nights straight." you say not looking at him in the eye.

"Fear not child you have two weeks. Rest for the day. Worry not about the gold."

"Thank you." After your audience you walk the gardens trying to determine what to do. You run into Rupert and he smiles walking up to you.

"I heard from father that you didn't turn the straw into gold because you were tired." he says.

"Even if I have such talents, I am still human. Even I have breaking limits."

"True." you both stay silent for a bit before he grabs your arm. "Come with me. I have a place I want to show you." he whisks you away before you even could say anything. Where he takes you is a indoor garden hidden deep in the castle.

"This is amazing." you say awestruck.

"My mother created it. It took her years to even get a single plant to sprout. With time though it flourished. Since she died, I have to take care of it."

"You've done a fine job." You and Rupert spend the rest of the day talking. Even afterwards you still spend a lot of time with him. Finally it was the day before your deadline. The strange man had been coming over to your room asking if you agreed or not. You had to give an answer.

He appears and you say. "Fine. I will give you my first born."

"Smart girl." And with that the room is filled with gold. Unknown to you, Rupert was lying in bed. He had fallen in love with you and wanted you to stay with him. Of course death was looming over you and if you didn't turn the straw into gold, you would die. He prayed that you would be okay.

The next morning, you are summoned to the king. Since the task was completed he asked you.

"I thank you for doing such deeds for a people. As promised, we will never use your talents again also I will grant a wish you desire."

"I wish-" before you could say anything. Rupert yells.

"Wait!" everyone turns to him shocked. he continues speaking. "Before you say anything, I need to tell you something." he walks to you and holds both of your hands firmly. "I know it has been only two weeks, but I have fallen for you. I love your personality you witty remarks everything. I want to be with you." you did have so sort of affection for Rupert but you didn't think you could be with him.

"Well my dear, if you wish to be with him, I don't have a problem." the king says. you turn to Rupert and smile.

"Then I wish I could be with you." Rupert spins you around and with such happy things going on and about you forgot the promise you made to the strange particular man.