Wild Swans Part 1

You successfully were out of the country, but what now? Your brother were swans. All six of them. How were you going to be able to succeed in turning them back? Did father even know what the witch had done?

"I'm so sorry." you tell the six swans. It wasn't your fault but you felt so helpless in this situation. The moon was rising and a faint glow encompasses them. After awhile the glow fades and your brothers are returned to their normal state.

"F/n." Arin, the oldest of the siblings call out. "She didn't hurt you did she?"

"No." you run to your brothers and hug them. Arin, Brennan, Carter, David, Elias and Florian are relieved to know you were okay. "You all are human now."

"Not for long though." Brennan answers and Carter, his twin, nods. "When we first disappeared, we were able to turn back to humans when the moon was out. Once it disappears we will turn back into swans."

"There has to be a way to break the curse." you say eagerly.

"There is." you hear a feminine voice. Your brothers gain protective stances and hide you behind them. A beautiful woman with white hair and grey eyes appear. "I know of your predicament. The witch who enchanted your father and turned you into swans."

"What is your purpose here?" Arin asks.

"I am the enchantress of this domain. Your curse can be broken. But it will be a painful task for the young girl."

"What is it?" you ask.

"A vow of silence. Six years. In those six years, you will need to make six shirts of stinging nettles. If you utter a sound within the six years, it will be all for naught."

"She is only twelve." Florian responds. "Only one year younger than I. How can you expect her to achieve this?"

"Its fine Florian." you tell your brother. "I will stay in isolation in those six years. We have to regain our kingdom back from that wretched woman."

"But F/n. Stinging nettles are very painful. Florian is right in saying you are too young."

"The longer we put this off, the more time we have to wait. Starting tomorrow I will be taking my vow of silence." you turn to the enchantress. "Do you know where stinging nettles grow?" she nods. 

Your brothers reluctantly agree in allowing you to keep your vow of silence. You found an old hunting lodge that hasn't been used in years. The enchantress fashioned you a sewing kit that would help you make the stinging nettle shirts. 

It was painful. You gagged yourself in order to prevent yourself from ever saying a word. You kept the gag on even when doing other task so you wouldn't carelessly speak out. Your fingers were turning red and blistering from constantly touching the nettles. 

Your brothers looked at you guiltily when they came to deliver more nettles. You had no paper to write on but you would always use your hands to say you were fine. Years passed and your fingers stopped hurting from using the nettles. They no longer stung. It was the final year for your vow of silence. You were working on the final shirt. Soon you were going to be able to save your brothers and be free of your vow of silence.